NGD - Mayones Regius 6

JimmyBlind

Had my eye on Mayones guitars for a while and couldn't find a way to finance one or find a good trade deal.
Saw this guitar on eBay and a private listing. Seemed to get tonnes of interest but no buyer. Even had a pretty low sale price.
Tried my luck and contacted the seller to see if he was interested in a trade for my Custom 24. A few days later, he contacted me and negotiated a straight swap. My PRS was a 2008. This Mayones was bought new in 2015 and the guy never played it. I mean, it's absolutely brand spanking new and perfectly set up. Steal of the century.
I rarely see these guitars for sale used and the spec isn't listed as standard spec on their website. The maple fretboard and bare knuckles seem to only be custom options. Any Mayones owners shed light?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,261
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,330
Nice score man!!! That looks like a sweet guitar :thumbsup:

I had my eye on Mayones , Ran and Skervesen but decided on a new Kiesel Aries 6 build. Just put the order in yesterday. Oh its gonna be a long 9-10 weeks :(

Thanks fella! Really happy with it. Don't think the guy made the right decision, but I guess that's some karma for all the bad trades I've made in the past! :)

Enjoy your guitar. I like Jeff Kiesel. You can tell he cares about his products. You know it'll be a sharp axe and it'll be like Xmas came early!

Yep. Sounds like you were on the right side of the stick for sure :thumbsup: I hear ya on the Karma thing! I recently scored one of my dream amps for a ridiculous price :D ; after so many money losing deals in my past, its nice to finally score on the up side :thumbsup:

Yeah, I'm really happy with the Carvin ST300c I bought it almost 4 years ago; definitely wasn't flawless, and I could have sent it back for some Q.C. issues, but the thing is so gorgeous and has such a cool tone I decided to just keep it. I'm hoping the build quality and fit finish is what I'm expecting on the Aries. If not I'll be sending her back because I'm gonna be ULTRA picky on this one for sure.

Looks like maybe Ash with a flamed maple top? Is that what your thinking? Fucking sweet looking whatever woods they are!

It's funny. I expected to find a spec sheet with the guitar. No joy.
Today I phoned the guitar shop the guy bought it from to cross reference the serial number on their system and get the order spec. The guy was pretty young and condescending. Turns out they don't keep the serial numbers on their system. I was like "so you custom spec all your Mayones orders, but you don't log the serial numbers of the guitars going in and out your shop? WTF?"
So in the end, I start telling HIM the specs of the guitar which he narrowed down and found on his system. Funny, when I was trying to get the spec from him.

I messaged Mayones on Facebook an hour or two ago and they got back to me with the full spec.
Flame maple top with satin finish. Neck through is 11-ply. Maple/mahogany/amazakoe-wenge. The neck through is flanked at the body by American Ash. It's a rad guitar. Really percussive and vibrant.

I bet it sounds killer! Looks amazing too! Mayones makes some nice stuff from what I've been researching. Someday maybe if I get a deal like yours:LOL: :LOL:

Enjoy it man!

Cheers y'all.
I traded out my Suhr custom about a year ago in a moment of madness. Had about 10 inquiries a day for it which should've been an early warning. Swapped it for a fairly nice PRS but knew I'd made a poor decision and was pretty bummed out about it. I've really had some good luck switching it out for this Mayones and not having to reach into my pockets.
Been wanting one more since Reza posted his Regius demo. Kinda weird how you can put your mind to acquiring something and somehow will it to happen.

Back