NGD - Sexy one you may remember

SpiderWars

Bought this from @Fiesta Red . He made a thread about it here. He’s much better at guitar pics. Here’s a pic in its current state. It had never really been setup so it needed a full setup which included a new nut and a string tree even though it has staggered tuners. The old nut was a plastic curved bottom nut and the neck has a flat bottom nut slot…so it wasn’t doing the guitar any justice anyway. Also had a tiny bit of fret sprout so I filed that down and dressed/polished the fret ends.

The Pariah Destruction pickup sounded good but was too bright and strong so I decided to swap the ceramic magnet with an A5 and that worked better than I could have hoped. Sounds really great now and more compatible with my other guitars (it’s a 13.8k wind).

With still smoking sandpaper in background.
IMG-2096.jpg

EDIT: Oh yeah, 9.75 pounds! But sitting it’s perfectly balanced so I don’t notice it sitting.

Last edited:
If that had a floyd I'd be all over it. Nice!
Yeah I've come to hate Floyds which I've loved for a long time. I didn't play my Floyd-equipped guitars for months while I was doing a right-hand technique adjustment. Now those fine tuners are totally in the way of my wrist. Maybe the Gotoh will work since the tuners are tilted away.

Bought this from @Fiesta Red . He made a thread about it here. He’s much better at guitar pics. Here’s a pic in its current state. It had never really been setup so it needed a full setup which included a new nut and a string tree even though it has staggered tuners. The old nut was a plastic curved bottom nut and the neck has a flat bottom nut slot…so it wasn’t doing the guitar any justice anyway. Also had a tiny bit of fret sprout so I filed that down and dressed/polished the fret ends.

The Pariah Destruction pickup sounded good but was too bright and strong so I decided to swap the ceramic magnet with an A5 and that worked better than I could have hoped. Sounds really great now and more compatible with my other guitars (it’s a 13.8k wind).

With still smoking sandpaper in background.
IMG-2096.jpg

EDIT: Oh yeah, 9.75 pounds! But sitting it’s perfectly balanced so I don’t notice it sitting.
Perfect amount of pickups and knobs

That is a sweet Les Paul. I hadn't even seen the new Axcess line yet.

JK nice guitar! I dig the finish too.
Thanks! My LP Std is only 8.3 pounds but my LPC is almost 11. I don’t mind heavy if it balances. I especially hate fighting a butt heavy guitar while sitting or a neck diver when standing.

Back