NGD: Two Notes Torpedo Studio

mudf00t

Ok, I am a little bit of a moron since I literally bought a Torpedo Live less than a week ago and am still waiting on it to be delivered... BUT, today I was browsing and saw a used Studio and snatched it up. I am sure I will be able to sell the Live (if I need to). I already have a Torpedo Reload but that is a totally different animal.

The biggest reason I decided to get one was midi thru/out and stereo of course.

I know that RezaMatix has one because I was watching the videos he made (and the one with Steve Stevens). Anybody else?

Rezamatix":2tu961kq said:
great score! keep the LIVE model and put it in your live rack :)

They essentially are the same thing are they not? I was thinking I would put the Studio in my rack lol. I run a stereo rig.

Rezamatix":2hukflal said:
mudf00t":2hukflal said:
Rezamatix":2hukflal said:

They essentially are the same thing are they not? I was thinking I would put the Studio in my rack lol. I run a stereo rig.

no thats not how it works. Its 1 amp only with either of them.
The studio has stereo output. but only can handle one amp at a time. And NO they are not the same at all. the studio sounds better. :)

Right... I knew it would only work with one amp for the loadbox but it will work with a stereo preamp, correct? In reality, I could use them both if I wanted to use 2 amps.

Rezamatix":pv407f1p said:
mudf00t":pv407f1p said:
mudf00t":pv407f1p said:

no thats not how it works. Its 1 amp only with either of them.
The studio has stereo output. but only can handle one amp at a time. And NO they are not the same at all. the studio sounds better. :)

Right... I knew it would only work with one amp for the loadbox but it will work with a stereo preamp, correct? In reality, I could use them both if I wanted to use 2 amps.

a stereo preamp..sure... :confused: :confused: :confused:

Yes, I know the best way to use this is to use it with my favorite amp(s). I could use it both ways.

It has power amp emulation, right? I can't imagine that sucks in this unit, though there are literally no reviews of it.

Here is the issue. I want to use my MP-1 preamp. I don't want to always bring my amp or amps as the case may be. I would be willing to bet this sounds killer with that MP-1.

I do have an AX8 (sold my Helix) but I think that the Two Notes stuff sounds better than the cab emulation in the AX8, anyway.

I just switched from a Peavey Classic 50/50 to a Rocktron Velocity 300 into a 2x12 for stage monitor.

Congrats! I sold my live a while back and picked up a Studio as well as few weeks ago! Absolutely love it!

I get confused with the way people use the term stereo. Are you talking about having two different mono outputs?

I have the torpedo reload. I'm not sure about the DI quality because there doesn't seem to be too many people using it. The loadbox output doesn't seem to put out a strong enough signal on mine and I'm not sure about the quality on that either

I use my two notes live for recording but have wondered how it actually works in a live application.. I know some people use it to run to the FOH and also use the pass thru to run a cabinet as well. How do any of you guys use yours?

calvin sattler":37yopxdb said:
I get confused with the way people use the term stereo. Are you talking about having two different mono outputs?

I have the torpedo reload. I'm not sure about the DI quality because there doesn't seem to be too many people using it. The loadbox output doesn't seem to put out a strong enough signal on mine and I'm not sure about the quality on that either

Are you plugging it into a mic pre?

From the manual
Cn11AzB.png

guitarnate2000":34824uz9 said:
I use my two notes live for recording but have wondered how it actually works in a live application.. I know some people use it to run to the FOH and also use the pass thru to run a cabinet as well. How do any of you guys use yours?

I don't have mine as yet but that is how Pete Thorn uses his.

You should send me your live so I can make sure its working correctly for ya! I'd even do it for free. Think about it!!

Got it today and played with it a bit... love this thing. So goooooddddd. Crazy story, I thought this USED on Reverb. When I received it today, it is BRAND NEW in the box. Same thing happened with an Eventide H9 MAX that I bought that I also received today.

Back