NGD! White (modded by me) Charvel USA!

thenine":2wulab3c said:
way better.

I am going to do my seasick like your as well. Have a pic of both of them?

Ha! I sold the Seasick one a year or so ago. Here's a photo of it though....

IMG_1787_zps7802cdc1.jpg

That was a 'SnowDrift' San Dimas from GuitarHotline.com ... I've got one.
I love what you did, but it made it quite like the original release of the San Dimas in white/cream.

Did you keep the pickups? I really love the combo that came in it...very punchy sounding.

squealie":vxupb1tb said:
That was a 'SnowDrift' San Dimas from GuitarHotline.com ... I've got one.
I love what you did, but it made it quite like the original release of the San Dimas in white/cream.

Did you keep the pickups? I really love the combo that came in it...very punchy sounding.

Cool, only 18 others aside from yours and mine! I read that there was no such thing as "snow drift", it was just their much-used Snow White. I kept the white Duncan Jazz and Custom, in case I want to go back to stock, or, if I sell the guitar.

AndyK":18eyosfr said:
Got this FSR 2009 San Dimas in Snow White. Only 20 produced for an online music store. I just bought it for the snow white finish, not a fan of the white pickups with black hardware. Here is how it looked:

s-l1600_zpsibzui9xi.jpg

And here it is after I swapped to chrome hardware (including a vintage 80's Floyd), and Dimarzio creme pickups and rings. Added a brass volume knob, and....

IMG_3775_zpsgvkdrmv7.jpg
Yep you nailed it ! I love white and crème/vintage white colored guitars..the switch to the chrome hardware looks nice,and I usually don't like chrome hardware.

Thanks, the white is really a brighter white than my iphone could capture. But with black hardware, it looked a little to 80's to me. I already have a pearl white Soloist from '85, so I wanted this one to look more early 80's!

^^ Ha!

The rings are Allparts, but I ordered the Dimarzio rings to get a better match, and, a taller bridge ring to cover more of the pickup innards. They are slanted, but I can live with that.

AndyK":21uihk7k said:
Got this FSR 2009 San Dimas in Snow White. Only 20 produced for an online music store. I just bought it for the snow white finish, not a fan of the white pickups with black hardware. Here is how it looked:

And here it is after I swapped to chrome hardware (including a vintage 80's Floyd), and Dimarzio creme pickups and rings. Added a brass volume knob, and....

IMG_3775_zpsgvkdrmv7.jpg

Andy,

That looks killer. You really nailed it. Is that an original Floyd Rose? I'm guessing you got to use the original stud locations?

Also,

What did you use for tuners? Any issues reusing the original holes for the tuners?

Thanks a lot for sharing. I've been interested in doing this myself.

Ed

flatheads_4ever":1854ft9z said:
Andy,

That looks killer. You really nailed it. Is that an original Floyd Rose? I'm guessing you got to use the original stud locations?

Also,

What did you use for tuners? Any issues reusing the original holes for the tuners?

Ed

Thanks. Yeah, it's an 80's Floyd that I got on eBay, almost NOS! Same stud holes of course, I just added German Floyd posts and nut. The tuners have to be Grover 205's, which are smaller than the "mini" Rotomatics. The 205's are the same as what came on the guitar, so plug and play.

AndyK":38ucfmk0 said:
flatheads_4ever":38ucfmk0 said:
Andy,

Also,

Ed

Thanks. Yeah, it's an 80's Floyd that I got on eBay, almost NOS! Same stud holes of course, I just added German Floyd posts and nut. The tuners have to be Grover 205's, which are smaller than the "mini" Rotomatics. The 205's are the same as what came on the guitar, so plug and play.

PERFECT!

Thanks,

Ed

AndyK":1fh6d6pz said:
psychodave":1fh6d6pz said:
Nice.

Finish it off with a brass switch and switch tip.

Trying to find one that isn't plated and shiny!

That's been my problem. I've been looking for one for a while... but not a serious search. I'm lazy. :LOL: :LOL:

psychodave":1e7tz480 said:
AndyK":1e7tz480 said:
psychodave":1e7tz480 said:
Nice.

Finish it off with a brass switch and switch tip.

Trying to find one that isn't plated and shiny!

That's been my problem. I've been looking for one for a while... but not a serious search. I'm lazy. :LOL: :LOL:

I decided to put the chrome knob back on and call it a day! After all, it's NOT a vintage Charvel, so going nuts finding brass parts that look vintage makes no sense, at this point anyway.

Back