NGDs - Gibson RD Content...

I fucking love my 78 RD and I fucking love the reissues too. The white one looks incredible. I would love to get a silverburst to match my LP as well. Never got to play a reissue though.

You and I have eerily similar taste in guitars my friend!

Blitzie":3eye940e said:
I fucking love my 78 RD and I fucking love the reissues too. The white one looks incredible. I would love to get a silverburst to match my LP as well. Never got to play a reissue though.

You and I have eerily similar taste in guitars my friend!

The white one is super cool, and I got it NOS, so it was (and still is) pretty much new. The other two have a little more "character", but I love the way they play and sound. I'm in the process of putting some Duncans in the Silverburst, as it has some Lace Sensors that aren't really my cup of tea, but it should be pretty much prefect after that! I'm really fond of the 24.75" scale too, but I'd love to find the right one from the 70's to round out my little collections.

I loved the RD body as far as balance and playability, and have wanted an Explorer for a LONG time - the last time I had one was around 1996/97 I think - because I remember how comfortable it was to play. I just happened to work out a trade deal to get the Explorer, and then the Firebird showed up used at GC, so I snagged that one too. The SG was a big-time impulse buy, but I had used one to try out an amp, and really loved how it felt/sounded/played, so I grabbed this one, and have been very happy with it.

Good to have great taste in guitars, eh? :thumbsup:

JerEvil":28qr7q0x said:
Man i am not an RD fan but that Firebird!

:inlove:

The RD's are an acquired taste, but they really grow on you! ;)

The Firebird is a great surprise as far as the tone. VERY different from the rest. I love it for a change of pace - it's just really unique, in a good way!

my favorite is the white one in the middle.

That Les Paul custom style really floats my boat.

Let me know when you want to sell it.. Ha

if you have any other links to another one like please let me know.

I myself have a 78 RD Standard sunburst and it's one of my favorite guitars. I wish more guitars were made with all maple bodies. All it needs now is the right pickups since the stock ones are quite bad and weak sounding, but acoustically it sounds like a brighter and louder Les Paul Custom, and plays wonderfully, but very different in feel from any of the other Gibson's I've tried

braintheory":4cyc05xi said:
I myself have a 78 RD Standard sunburst and it's one of my favorite guitars. I wish more guitars were made with all maple bodies. All it needs now is the right pickups since the stock ones are quite bad and weak sounding, but acoustically it sounds like a brighter and louder Les Paul Custom, and plays wonderfully, but very different in feel from any of the other Gibson's I've tried

Post up a pic!! :thumbsup:

Back