"North East" Amp Get Together - Spring 2024

Bad.Seed

So I've been kicking this idea around for about a year. I'd REALLY love to make it some sort of reality.

I have a collection of over 100 amps at this point. Some coveted, most are somewhat run of the mill - but people are constantly asking me what Ap A sounds like, how does it compare to B and C, etc. Hell, it's why I started my YouTube channel in the first place.

I've seen videos of other amp get togethers that have happened in the past, mostly out west. I've always been jealous. Looks like a lot of fun, and getting a room full of people together that are there purely for amps sounds like a blast to me.

With that being said, I have a location I could make this happen in. Also, with the pull of the channel behind me, I can definitely get some sponsors on board, as well as some amps sent out that I don't currently own. I could definitely make this an event with some proper planning.

The primary issue is - I live in Erie, PA. I feel like getting people to come to me may be difficult. At the same time, I'm not willing to set this up in another location, because I would be the primary supplier of equipment, and I'm not trying to book a flat bed to do so, LOL.

So just tossing this idea out there - a one-two day event with a bunch of different booths set up with different amps and cabs for people to sit down, spend a certain amount of time playing on so they can finally try amps they have wanted to for years, and mix it up with others who are doing the same thing.

Is this something that anyone would be realistically interested in? Enough so to travel to attend?

I live right outside of Philly, and I'm always amazed at how far away Erie is from me.

I would be interested and I know a buddy of mine would, but it would just depend on work schedules.

I'd be down. Wonder if The Steelhead Inn still has a no alcohol at the pool policy? I was partially responsible for that rule being implemented about 15 years ago. lol

Would absolutely be interested. I am in Cleveland so not a big deal to get there if the day worked out for me. Went to one of these locally about 15 years ago and I still buy and sell with several of the people that I met there.

I'm about 5 and 1/2 hrs from Erie but I would be down if I can get coverage at work. I have 2 Diezels, 2 Monomyth Marshalls, 1 Monomyth Metro 12k, 1 Stock Metro 12k , a modded Mike B. Mark IV from 92, whole bunch of 4x12s and waaaayyyy too many rack effects.

Lots of things would have to fall into place for me but if I could make it work I would be there. Would be fun if its a good turnout.

Can’t wait to wear my tan pants and boating shoes. We will be able to tell the cool kids from the posers based on who is wearing Polo and who is wearing Lacoste.

Edit: thought this was TGP. Disregard.

Erie isnt the Golf capital of the world Tiger.
I lived there in the heydays when Billy Sheeans band used to drop into local bars and rip the roof off.

But then again, Cleveland can be pretty scary if your car breaks down on 55th street.

Back