NRD: Voodoo Amps Platinum modded JMP-1 pre / 9200 power amp

aeroic

Finally got my rig all put together and working 100% with my Voodoo Amps Platinum modded Marshall JMP-1 preamp and 9200 power amp. Both were modded by Trace @ Voodoo. The 9200 has new Mercury Magnetics output transformer and 6L6 power tubes.

Played through 3 different warmoth guitars (strat w/ Suhr Aldrich pickups, LP w/ BKP Mississippi Queen P90s, and Baritone w/ BKP Stormy Monday's). Effects were mainly from my 2 Lexicon MPXG2's, Line 6 Echo Pro, and Line 6 Mod Pro. I did use one pedal, a phaser, which is the ElectroHarmonix Small Stone w/ the color switch on.

Enjoy!!!

PeteLaramee":2ykngymp said:
Sounds great. I had a few of the Voodoo modded jmp 1s, but never with the platinum mod.

Beefy!!!

The platinum mod is the way to go for sure! :) More dynamics...really opens up the preamp to sounds more like a head when paired w/ the 9200 power amp. It does NOT lack beef and balls! :) Its the tone I have been searching for for years...that's for damn sure! :)

Eric

mrkmas":20qgfg1u said:
Sounds great! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rock: :rock: I wish they still made those preamps

pick one up off of eBay and get the effer modded!!! :) You won't be sorry!!! It's one thing that Marshall did right. I have always loved the JMP-1 either modded or not.

Eric

aeroic":103y8otn said:
mrkmas":103y8otn said:
Sounds great! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rock: :rock: I wish they still made those preamps

pick one up off of eBay and get the effer modded!!! :) You won't be sorry!!! It's one thing that Marshall did right. I have always loved the JMP-1 either modded or not.

Eric

I never even had the chance to play one :( I am deprived.

The JMP-1 is a cool piece of kit. Packed with endless tonal possibilities and I like the way it is set up with the FX loop and FX assignment / midi programming. It was before it's time!

Steve

Back