One Riff, 41 Amps! (now including the isolated guitars version)

• Thread starter Deleted member 27494
  • Start date
In my opinion there isn't a way to do this while pleasing everyone. Use the same IR and people will complain they all sound the same (trust me on this one as I have done this haha), use different ones and some people will say they'd prefer it with the same IRs. In the end I have to do it in a way that feels good for me. Having said that, when I do actual comparison videos I usually use the same IRs. It depends on the video and the goal of the video.
Oh I get it, the problem here is they all do sound the same when you dial in the IR for each amp and play the same lick..

So ultimately you need to decide what you are trying to demo in these videos. Im just saying it would be easier to hear the differences in amps if the cab stayed the same..

Oh I get it, the problem here is they all do sound the same when you dial in the IR for each amp and play the same lick..

So ultimately you need to decide what you are trying to demo in these videos. Im just saying it would be easier to hear the differences in amps if the cab stayed the same..
dude, i was saying this on another forum, the OP is amazing and has these awesome videos BUT his sponsorship or association with ownhammer IR or whoever covers the demos so thickly in cab eq that half the amps sound damn near the same.

im glad its not just me, bc im NOT trying to be critical of such a great video, but ive owned some of these amps and they would NEVER sound this way mic’d up with my meager traditional set up

Last edited:
The Peavey Invective (both versions), Marshall SV20 and Silver Jubilee are my favorites. If I had to choose one, it would be the Peavey Invective. My least favorite are the Mesa/Boogie products.
after HATING the clean and dirty boost of the 6505MH im interested to read that the Invective MH has supposedly cured some of these issues.

I'm not sure about the signal chain. Are you bypassing the power amp?
No, I'm going from the speaker outs into my loadboxes.

The Peavey Invective (both versions), Marshall SV20 and Silver Jubilee are my favorites. If I had to choose one, it would be the Peavey Invective. My least favorite are the Mesa/Boogie products.
It's one hell of an amp! Really happy with mine. It does so much and it does it so well!

Thanks for putting this together, great work. And don't worry about the armchair critics, you're out here actually putting up content which 99% of us don't do.

In my opinion there isn't a way to do this while pleasing everyone. Use the same IR and people will complain they all sound the same (trust me on this one as I have done this haha), use different ones and some people will say they'd prefer it with the same IRs. In the end I have to do it in a way that feels good for me. Having said that, when I do actual comparison videos I usually use the same IRs. It depends on the video and the goal of the video.
This is a classy and polite response to the inevitable 'you shoulda...' comments. I'm glad you have done what you want. It's not like you're charging people to view your content. Look forward to your next video!

Back