Orange Super Crush 100: Head or Combo?

romanianreaper

I'm picking up an Orange Super Crush 100 soon to use as a backup to my 5150-III 6L6 50w or might even use it as my primary amp for practice and gigging. I currently use a Friedman 1x12 with my 5150-III so will be a similar kind of setup.

I thought about getting a Super Crush head and just plugging into my Friedman 1x12 but I know the Super Crush as a 150 watt speaker which I'm sure is part of the tone, etc. Had anyone used that amp with other speaker cabs? Just wondering if I should just get the combo and be able to haul one thing rather than a head, speaker cab, etc.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Lots of people seem to like those things. Are the crush cabinets as good as the standard orange cabinets? They look identical.

Lots of people seem to like those things. Are the crush cabinets as good as the standard orange cabinets? They look identical.
I'm not sure but I would have to get a cab that can handle 100 watts and it would add more weight. I'm leaning towards just getting the $699 combo versus a $499 head and then one of the cabs which are $899 in some cases. If I had a 4x12 already, wouldn't be an issue.

Back