Ordered a new axe!

dawnofdreamx97

Well I went crazy today and decided to order a new axe, Went for a Carvin Cs6 with a flamed maple top, mahogany back and neck, ebony board, abalone diamond inlays, 14 inch radius, hard tail w/ stop tail bridge, sperzel tuners, chrome hardware, in the custom carribean burst finish. Went for the standard pickups as i'm going to pop an aldrich set in as soon as i get this.... 8 week wait! here we go!! :rock: :D

I ordered a Dc127 a few months back and It has become my main guitar, I love everything about it you can check out the dc127 @ this thread

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=49859&hilit=carvin+dc127

here is a pic of the finish on my new one thats coming.... so sick!!! :D

Wow! That's going to be amazing. That color is gorgeous. I had a sweet purple quilt CT6 that I sold and wished I still had. :doh: I think I'm going to look for another. You can't beat a Carvin for the money. Be sure to post pics when you get it. :thumbsup:

Sweet! Really interested to hear your opinions on it and how the tone compares to a LP :) Really been wanting to get a LP with a floyd lately :thumbsup:

that thing is going to be killer man!!! I love playing my DC400T and it's easily the best feeling and sounding guitar i own.

it appears as though we have somewhat similar tastes :thumbsup:

C1.jpg

Will keep you guys posted, I have confidence this will rule! my dc127 is a total shred machine.....and loaded with the aldrich pickups and cts pots it just flat out owns! :rock:

turmoil":3f5zhpbe said:
that thing is going to be killer man!!! I love playing my DC400T and it's easily the best feeling and sounding guitar i own.

C1.jpg

wow that thing is gorgeous! hows it sound with the maple neck? gotta feel like butta! nothing plays like my carvins, hell guys I manage a music shop should say something about the carvins :D =)

I've been wanting to order a brand new carvin for years but the resale value really kills it for me. Maybe one of these days I will grow some balls and do it :LOL: :LOL:

Killer guitar BTW :rock:

dawnofdreamx97":22wivqwi said:
turmoil":22wivqwi said:

C1.jpg

wow that thing is gorgeous! hows it sound with the maple neck? gotta feel like butta! nothing plays like my carvins, hell guys I manage a music shop should say something about the carvins :D =)

the thing sounds awesome! it's an alder body with a quilted maple top so, the maple board really makes this thing bright sounding. the neat thing though is that it's easily controlled with the tone knob and there's just so many sounds you can get from this guitar. i had an american deluxe strat and sold it because this thing, with the stock pickups in split-coil mode, can get into that territory with ease.

carvin necks are without a doubt the best feeling neck i've played on yet. i just love their tung-oiled finish too!

Motorpud":2rnmn2c2 said:
I've been wanting to order a brand new carvin for years but the resale value really kills it for me. Maybe one of these days I will grow some balls and do it :LOL: :LOL:

that's very true about the resale value, but honestly if you take the time to pick out exactly what woods and specs you want you'll never want to sell the guitar :D

psychodave":2mwb7908 said:
Looks killer.

Does Carvin offer jumbo stainless steel frets? I love the thought of never needing new frets again...

Yeah Dave they do... But I didn't order mine with them... It just makes the guitar sound too bright.

Roid RAGE

AND............

CONGRADS NICK! :thumbsup: This will be a beautiful addition, that plays like a MUTHA too :D

YEP.... Nick Turned Me on To CARVIN, and led me to get my One Off! I LOVE IT! When we play's it's going to be like a Fashion Shoot! LOL!

Not Crazy about having to read about this on the Internet though... :gethim:

Roid RAGE
CT6_1Blur.jpg

Wow! I'm on the Carvin Site a lot and never HEARD of that Amazing finish.

Have a nice Carvin Bolt with KOa body that's like a hyper resonant Strat and had a 25.5" neck thru Carvin years ago so I'm well aware of their quality and especially the super precise necks and fretwork.

The 14" Radius is sooooo nice- what's killing me about Carvin's now is they are doing these AMAZING looking tops and finishes- just amazing.

I'm thinking of getting a CT or CS3 in solid Koa-I just wish they had the H-S-H available.

Well I want a tone report when you get it- we already know it's going to look too good to be true ( really) from the picture of the other one- DAMN! Congratulations and thanks for the warning on the stainless-I'm tempted but like it warm and fat so prob no stainless for me either.

EDIT: Carvin uses Jescar Frets top of the line in either Nickel or Stainless true Medium Jumbo and Jumbo. With very precise fretwork and fingerboards, woodwork etc.
No up charge for Left Handed instruments

turmoil":3bs65495 said:
Motorpud":3bs65495 said:

that's very true about the resale value, but honestly if you take the time to pick out exactly what woods and specs you want you'll never want to sell the guitar :D

i guess you could look at it that way.... but honestly they are exactly what i've been looking for, i cant tell you how happy i am with mine... Im not into buying and selling guitars... guitars are very personal to me, and i usually keep them...

Congrats, looks like it will be an amazing axe! I worked out all the specs for a Carvin tele awhile ago that I'd love to order. Someday...

Back