Ordered a new axe!

robertkoa":3ej2nmwa said:
Wow! I'm on the Carvin Site a lot and never HEARD of that Amazing finish.

Have a nice Carvin Bolt with KOa body that's like a hyper resonant Strat and had a 25.5" neck thru Carvin years ago so I'm well aware of their quality and especially the super precise necks and fretwork.

The 14" Radius is sooooo nice- what's killing me about Carvin's now is they are doing these AMAZING looking tops and finishes- just amazing.

I'm thinking of getting a CT or CS3 in solid Koa-I just wish they had the H-S-H available.

Well I want a tone report when you get it- we already know it's going to look too good to be true ( really) from the picture of the other one- DAMN! Congratulations and thanks for the warning on the stainless-I'm tempted but like it warm and fat so prob no stainless for me either.

Yea man , my dc127 is my main guitar, i run a guitar shop and have my hands on tons of guitars every day and my carvin is my favorite still...and ditto on the frets, stainless is tempting but they are a little plinkier sounding and brighter, which i dont dig AND they chew up your regular fret tools and i fear ever having to shave fret ends if they sprout in the dry season here in the winter....i will report back as soon as i get it ! :rock:

RoidRage":i6reolb2 said:
AND............

CONGRADS NICK! :thumbsup: This will be a beautiful addition, that plays like a MUTHA too :D

YEP.... Nick Turned Me on To CARVIN, and led me to get my One Off! I LOVE IT! When we play's it's going to be like a Fashion Shoot! LOL!

Not Crazy about having to read about this on the Internet though... :gethim:

Roid RAGE
CT6_1Blur.jpg

yes! cant wait ! did you put the pickups in yet ?

dawnofdreamx97":4rn4rqmc said:
RoidRage":4rn4rqmc said:
AND............

CONGRADS NICK! :thumbsup: This will be a beautiful addition, that plays like a MUTHA too :D

YEP.... Nick Turned Me on To CARVIN, and led me to get my One Off! I LOVE IT! When we play's it's going to be like a Fashion Shoot! LOL!

Not Crazy about having to read about this on the Internet though... :gethim:

Roid RAGE
CT6_1Blur.jpg

yes! cant wait ! did you put the pickups in yet ?

Not Yet, but I put them next to it, so they can get to know each other :D

Roid

robertkoa":2nnackrc said:
Wow! I'm on the Carvin Site a lot and never HEARD of that Amazing finish.

Have a nice Carvin Bolt with KOa body that's like a hyper resonant Strat and had a 25.5" neck thru Carvin years ago so I'm well aware of their quality and especially the super precise necks and fretwork.

The 14" Radius is sooooo nice- what's killing me about Carvin's now is they are doing these AMAZING looking tops and finishes- just amazing.

I'm thinking of getting a CT or CS3 in solid Koa-I just wish they had the H-S-H available.

Well I want a tone report when you get it- we already know it's going to look too good to be true ( really) from the picture of the other one- DAMN! Congratulations and thanks for the warning on the stainless-I'm tempted but like it warm and fat so prob no stainless for me either.
You can get H-S-H on some of their guitars. Not sure about the CS3.

Nice Dragonburst! I love my CS4 and CS6. They are just incredible playing guitars. Congrats on that axe!

Thats the best finish Carvin offers! I've been so close to buying a Carvin just for that color. I love it.

Looks great man, congrats.

thanks fella's! very excited, played my carvin tonight at practice and it just kicks ass... cant wait to get my new one.... anyone selling a nickel/ chrome aldrich pickup set? :D :rock:

:) Good talking to ya on the phone yesterday. I love the finish on this guitar.
You got the hardtail version coming so you are gonna have the more traditional set up. Awesome choice. I love it. :rock:

I got turned onto the Carvin Custom Order site not that long ago - and I tell ya, they've got it going on over there... Beautiful guitars, awesome options, amazing combos, and relatively low pricing. I am thinking about it - I was about to pull the trigger on a decked out C6 (I think it was called?? Double cut-away Les Paul kinda style archtop??) but then realized I had a '57 Gold Top Darkback days away from arriving (beautiful player might I add...). But ya, I wouldn't mind making a guitar through these guys and just going apeshit on the top-shelf options. Just have them leave out the pups for another set of BKP's :LOL: :LOL:

Beautiful ax's boyz...just beautiful.

V.

Ventura":36db35fq said:
I got turned onto the Carvin Custom Order site not that long ago - and I tell ya, they've got it going on over there... Beautiful guitars, awesome options, amazing combos, and relatively low pricing. I am thinking about it - I was about to pull the trigger on a decked out C6 (I think it was called?? Double cut-away Les Paul kinda style archtop??) but then realized I had a '57 Gold Top Darkback days away from arriving (beautiful player might I add...). But ya, I wouldn't mind making a guitar through these guys and just going apeshit on the top-shelf options. Just have them leave out the pups for another set of BKP's :LOL: :LOL:

Beautiful ax's boyz...just beautiful.

V.

Yes that's what mine is a "CT-6"... Stands for Carve Top, And Thanks :thumbsup:

Roid RAGE

I can't believe i missed this guitar,ive never played a Carvin but man that looks awsome.
I'm thinking i'd rather have one of these then an Eclipse,about the same price.
Please,pics when you get it.

CaseyCor":3cbk9vjk said:
To the OP,
May I ask you how much you paid? I REALLY want a guitar with that finish.

1750 or so shipped to my house with a premium hard case...and thanks fella's! i will update you when she arrives... you cant go wrong with carvin , they make a sick instrument!

Does Carvin make left handed guitars? And does anyone mind telling me or PMing me what they paid for their custom guitars? Thanks!!!

Also that guitar is gonna be sick man, congrats...

Roid, thats literally one of the sexiest guitars I've ever seen

Mizati20":8dgkpq95 said:
Does Carvin make left handed guitars? And does anyone mind telling me or PMing me what they paid for their custom guitars? Thanks!!!

Also that guitar is gonna be sick man, congrats...

Roid, thats literally one of the sexiest guitars I've ever seen

Thanks Bro...

And I don't mind broadcasting the price... No PM Needed. It was just under $1,900 with the deluxe case... That's cause Carvin is Reasonable about their options... Like PRS for instance.. If you want a matching headstock you have cough up 1,200 for an upgrade! With Carvin it's $40 :worship: :shocked:

Best,

Roid RAGE

im around 1800 with all the options i got.... my dc127 i believe was like 1400 or so maybe a tad less...

and yes every guitar they offer comes in a lefty version!!! :rock:

Back