Ordering a Larry

I guess in his mind, such nice amps should be reserved for YouTube influencers, and not people who play music in bands 🤷‍♂️
No... he thinks only he deserves the amps. He bashed at least two other youtubers when he called me while I was in Orlando, FL, to talk about ordering a Larry.
Even Friedman amps, that he keeps riding on their tails all the time, when I told him I had an early Marsha, his reply was that Friedman amps are average amps, and his Morin amps would eat the Friedman for breakfast.
You should hear how surprised he sounded when I finally told him over the phone that I was the same person he was harassing in LA a few months before because of my Morin 800 for sale.
That's how he treats whoever gets involved with him.

I'm sorry, but that's not what's really going on at all.
Most people that I know who owns a Larry, bought the amp new, direct from him, and they are not famous, rock stars, high class studios owners... except for Reza, who is the most famous guitar player in the world, and who will cure COVID once he get's his Larry and makes a youtuber review of it. :ROFLMAO:
Myself, Keith, Daniel Travis, even Mike Fortin ordered two amps from Larry, before he opened his business or anyone else knew who he was.
The only people who haven't ordered from Larry are people who didn't want to do it or could not afford to do it. Both these options were their own fault, not Larrys.

i wasnt talking about anyone here buying used, what i meant was i hope larry gets selective like ive read dumble did and only build for certain clients who will get Larrys out there for people to enjoy and let us normal folk buy used, its sad dan and eddylenz are the first ive heard a larry after 20 years of forum'ing. they sound glorious.

i wasnt talking about anyone here buying used, what i meant was i hope larry gets selective like ive read dumble did and only build for certain clients who will get Larrys out there for people to enjoy and let us normal folk buy used, its sad dan and eddylenz are the first ive heard a larry after 20 years of forum'ing. they sound glorious.
Ok, my bad. I understood it wrong. I thought you was saying the opposite.
My apologies.

You can only kill one. But you may kill them in the manner of your choosing.
Larry or Reza?

Having just met them both in the past hour I'm going with Reza.

9pg4.gif

Ok. I like Larry. I have no problem with Reza. But this is very entertaining.
How can i start a poll? You can only kill one. But you may kill them in the manner of your choosing.
Larry or Reza?
Thread derailment # 23: Neither. The correct answer is always Rockinchippy. Method of expiration? Getting buried alive when his stack of 6 Cameron heads falls over because he stacked too many GI Joe action figures on it

Thread derailment # 23: Neither. The correct answer is always Rockinchippy. Method of expiration? Getting buried alive when his stack of 6 Cameron heads falls over because he stacked too many GI Joe action figures on it
I’m actually friends with Alex. He’s a nice guy. I really don’t think he buys stuff for the “look at me” status. He just loves to buy gear. Lots of people seem to dislike it.

He flips the amps, especially the ones he gets with "Artist" discount, faster that you could imagine. That's the reason why the high number of amps. And if he realizes you have more amps than he does, he will go after you and troll you on every situation he can. Plus, I bet his parents pay for his bills.
A pedal maker friend of mine said that Toelix got furious when he pretty much demanded a free pedal so he could do a youtube review. My buddy denied. Toelix still talks shit about my buddy's brand on every occasion he can. Just because he didn't get his free pedal.
About 7 years ago, when I posted an amp shootout I've recorded at my former studio in Brazil, he was so butt hurt when learned all the amps were mine that he started trolling the thread non stop and said "It's nothing short of suspicious that someone from a third world country could even dream of owning all this amps at once!"
And later on, the shitbag still contacted my begging me to discount a Mike Morin 800 I was selling, and not long after, for info on Larry amps. I should've just told him to go fuck himself at the time.
Instead, I helped him.
Well, lesson learned the hard way. But learned for good.
That piece of shit is the worst kind of scum you can find around. And some people love to live with Toelix balls in their mouth.

reza is the fucking worst. AND deaf. I posted clips showing the differences between a 5150 and a 6534 one time. Mind you, in the scheme of things, the differences are small. My point was to illustrate ( the best I can anyways) the differences between the transient response and the sub low end that only El34 style power amps can provide: and why that matters on some level, in a mix. I got blasted. Reza couldn’t shut the fuck up about why the sound the same. UNTIL… mark came in and tried to explain that yes, while they are small( in the average players eyes) they can have huge impacts on a final product. And literally explained on every level why that was the case. Ya know: something you just don’t get from the average YouTube record producer like Glenn fricker. And even then, reza couldn’t shut the fuck up and tried to keep stirring the pot about how they sound the same etc….

it wasn’t about how small the differences were in the amp: it was about how those small minute differences came become drastic in a production: THAT was my point, something you don’t get everyday on regurgitated guitar forums. That’s only the cusp of his arrogance, but it’s mind blowing people give this turd the time of a day. He is NO BODY… like most of us ( including me) here. Why people elevate these guys is beyond me.

I’m actually friends with Alex. He’s a nice guy. I really don’t think he buys stuff for the “look at me” status. He just loves to buy gear. Lots of people seem to dislike it.
You’ve been paid off. I bet your cupboards are full of Groomed Noodler coffee mugs. He looks to put a ton of effort into gear pics that feature perfect lighting, optimal vantage points etc. The living definition of “look what I’ve got and you don’t”. I could perhaps chalk that up to mere enthusiasm if it weren’t for the temper tantrum Namm stories out there about this guy. And Dave, you have more than used up your “but he’s a nice guy to me” cards while defending universally despised “characters” such as MC within our little guitar community. Good day to you!

You’ve been paid off. I bet your cupboards are full of Groomed Noodler coffee mugs. He looks to put a ton of effort into gear pics that feature perfect lighting, optimal vantage points etc. The living definition of “look what I’ve got and you don’t”. I could perhaps chalk that up to mere enthusiasm if it weren’t for the temper tantrum Namm stories out there about this guy. And Dave, you have more than used up your “but he’s a nice guy to me” cards while defending universally despised “characters” such as MC within our little guitar community. Good day to you!
I don’t have FB so I don’t see any GN stuff. I see no pictures, conversations, etc. I have zero GN stuff. I’ve been friends with Alex long before he’s had any Cameron amps.

FWIW, I haven’t spoken to Cameron in a year. 😉

My opinions are just based on my own personal interactions. 😁 Take them with a grain of sand. 😂

I don't know about all this other stuff, But i do know this. I waited 3 years for a few of my Ken Lawrence's, Got quoted 24-30 months for a custom shop esp, Even dean custom shop is 12-18 months right now. Waiting sucks but if its the same for everyone then it is what it is. Your in or your out. Its your scratch. If the product doesn't show up as described then its a big problem. I have not heard of one Larry showing up with issues or poor quality in the build. There is my two cents! Now I'm off for some Death wish java lol Happy sunday boys god bless

Hey @Smashedguitarist

Ignore that haters. Larry's amps are game changing - especially if you have some skills and creativity. The reason NO ONE sells them (and in turn, used prices are insane) is because they are indispensable to many players who own them.

The wait is long because Larry doesn't want to sell his designs to overseas Chinese investors and sell out his legacy for an inferior product; he wants to make great sounding amps for people who desire specific qualities out of them. And in that he 100% succeeds.

Yes, the wait will be long, but especially if you desire that sound, I can confirm - NOTHING else can really duplicate it.
Lmao. I just watched your youtube demo of the larry. Complete with mistakes. Ha. If you listen to any of my sound cloud songs, they are full of mistakes. I just play a track and record it. I may try two or three times to get it nicer, but I can't make myself fuck with it too much. My playing isn't mistake free, so I just let people hear what they would hear if they were here, lol. But Your playing is obviously really good. People here respond better to videos for sure. Even if it is just a still picture of the amp settings.

I would love to own a Larry. Honestly if I could afford to drop $6k I would order one. I can see the wait as a turnoff but if you want one, you deal with it. You know what you are getting into.

I must say that I have similar thoughts to somebody early on that since Larry controls supply and seems to be content with his production numbers, I could see maybe restrict sales to elites like Dumpbell did. It's an ego and prestige kind of thing but I could see it anyways. But in a way, I commend Larry for not doing that.

As far as Reza I have never met him face to face and likely never will but he does a great job of coming off as a douchebag online. To come off as bad as he does online, he must be terrible in the real world. Spoiled, whiney, entitled, bitchey, egomaniac, arrogant etc. Not a Person I would ever want to affiliate with.

I don’t have FB so I don’t see any GN stuff. I see no pictures, conversations, etc. I have zero GN stuff. I’ve been friends with Alex long before he’s had any Cameron amps.

FWIW, I haven’t spoken to Cameron in a year. 😉

My opinions are just based on my own personal interactions. 😁 Take them with a grain of sand. 😂
I have to agree, Alex is a great guy and the groomed noodlers group was 100% Drama free when I was a part of it

Lmao. I just watched your youtube demo of the larry. Complete with mistakes. Ha. If you listen to any of my sound cloud songs, they are full of mistakes. I just play a track and record it. I may try two or three times to get it nicer, but I can't make myself fuck with it too much. My playing isn't mistake free, so I just let people hear what they would hear if they were here, lol. But Your playing is obviously really good. People here respond better to videos for sure. Even if it is just a still picture of the amp settings.
That specific YouTube video was a response to a bunch of folks in a specific Facebook group.

Apparently, it doesn't count unless it's an Ola video 🤷‍♂️ no one actually wants to listen to music.

So, using my awful video editing skills, I gave them a "high quality" production 😁

Back