Other Preamps Through The Return

Axisman5150

When playing another preamp through the "Return" of the effects loop of the Renegade, Does the tube mix work? or does it play through both power tubes?

BTW, Using the preamp models of the Axe-Fx(amp sims,cab sims off) sound very good through the loop. Although, the Renegade's channels are more touch sensitive to pick attack and feel but the Axe comes close.

I am not totally clear on what you are asking exactly, but the tube mix is on the power tubes. If the sound from the other preamp is coming back in through the effects return I would think yes. If it isn't I would think no.

Can you give more details on your setup and what you are trying to do?

Yeah, that's what I meant to say thanks.

@Len, I know the tube mix knob operates off of each channel but when plugging an external preamp through the return of the loop, I couldn't hear any differences with the tube mix when playing an external preamp through the loop. Also the 3 mini toggle switches do not have any effect either.

I am pretty sure , the tube mix will work .

You can easily understand it by trying , the volume drops a little if you turn the tube mix switch left or right .

RenegadeTubeChart.jpg

:)

Axisman5150":6gsm49kf said:
Yeah, that's what I meant to say thanks.

@Len, I know the tube mix knob operates off of each channel but when plugging an external preamp through the return of the loop, I couldn't hear any differences with the tube mix when playing an external preamp through the loop. Also the 3 mini toggle switches do not have any effect either.

I would say that the preamp out, or effects send, is all before the power amp. Switches and knobs that manipulate the power section do not come into play.

If you want the feel of different power tubes, you could dial your amp to one type and use a slave amp of another type. It seems like an EQ in the send would work well for giving you the ability to change the tone coming from the slave amp. That is what I do sometimes.. The EQ is usually to put some mids back in.

Back