Peavey 6534/808: black dahlia murder.

Sounds great!

Serious question, and no offense, but do you ever play slower tempo stuff that isn't so busy?
Would love to hear some of these rigs you post doing some cool riffs that have rests so you
can hear the the way the rig breathes a lot better.

Sounds great!

Serious question, and no offense, but do you ever play slower tempo stuff that isn't so busy?
Would love to hear some of these rigs you post doing some cool slower riffs that have rests
so you can hear the the way the amp breathes better.

Honestly I’ve thought about doing that lately, as it does get old, but quite honestly it’s extremely difficult to mix heavy dense productions like modern metal, so it keeps me more interested. But I am going to make some general heavy rock type stuff sooner or later, as it is a completely different feel and style of mixing I think, and would be good to do. Big drum room, big guitars with production that isn’t smashed etc, it’ll happen soon.

Honestly I’ve thought about doing that lately, as it does get old, but quite honestly it’s extremely difficult to mix heavy dense productions like modern metal, so it keeps me more interested. But I am going to make some general heavy rock type stuff sooner or later, as it is a completely different feel and style of mixing I think, and would be good to do. Big drum room, big guitars with production that isn’t smashed etc, it’ll happen soon.

This was when I was drinking heavily so pardon the slush, but something like the intro of this.

https://memyselfi5.bandcamp.com/track/thumb-meet-bonzo-2

Sounds great. I say keep playing the heavies. Anybody not liking the heavies can hang out at TGP with the other women.

Pretty cool . Them and all the remains and old inflames have this . It was like industry standard in that genre .

Sounds great!

Would love to hear some of these rigs you post doing some cool riffs that have rests so you
can hear the the way the rig breathes a lot better.
Check out the song black out by turnstile . They use the same set up for rock n roll and never palm mute . It’s cool to hear this rig just full , slow , and no palm mute

Check out the song black out by turnstile.

Holy crap! This is f-ing great.
I don't know most of the bands you guys listen to (like this one before today)
but I hear Voivod meets Janes Addiction meets Saigon Kick - and I love it.

Gonna grab the album right now. Thanks!

Holy crap! This is f-ing great.
I don't know most of the bands you guys listen to (like this one before today)
but I hear Voivod meets Janes Addiction meets Saigon Kick - and I love it.

Gonna grab the album right now. Thanks!
My favorite new band . This album is beyond great . It’s a breath of fresh ain’t it?

went for a.mix closer to the album on this one, not that it’s even close haha. But I dig it, low end is always a huge issue for me to mix, but it’s getting there.

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/eVNK83N62s9TmETv9
I’m glad you keep the chunky treble prevalent. A lot of new tones are starting to dial that out to sound more like axe efx .I was listening to classic Lorna shore and it’s like do a treble cut so all the treble is that damn kick and vocals . It seems to be a trend

I’m glad you keep the chunky treble prevalent. A lot of new tones are starting to dial that out to sound more like axe efx .I was listening to classic Lorna shore and it’s like do a treble cut so all the treble is that damn kick and vocals . It seems to be a trend
The trend with new mixers is being scared of high end, to the extreme. Absolutely hate it. Scared of high end, scared of being aggressive, scared of pushing the edge. The antithesis of what metal is supposed to be about.

The trend with new mixers is being scared of high end, to the extreme. Absolutely hate it. Scared of high end, scared of being aggressive, scared of pushing the edge. The antithesis of what metal is supposed to be about.
So you definitely hearing it like I am . That’s cool af

The high end and high mids are what gives different amp tones their texture and personality.

Mixing the high end OUT of heavy guitars is part of why modern stuff tends to all sound the same.

Back