Pedals after Captor X

AttitudeEra

Just a thought, in terms of experimenting with effect placements, is there anything stopping pedals from sounding bad if placed after the Captor X, between the Captor and studio speakers?

eg, a tube amp with no effects loop - using a Boss loop pedal and a Flashback delay after the Captor?

Just a thought, in terms of experimenting with effect placements, is there anything stopping pedals from sounding bad if placed after the Captor X, between the Captor and studio speakers?

eg, a tube amp with no effects loop - using a Boss loop pedal and a Flashback delay after the Captor?
I can see some issues here. First up, you'd be going from balanced TRS or XLR to your studio monitors, correct?? So, in order to place effects in between these two entities - they'd have to be parity/line-level, preferrably noise free, and capable of accepting XLR/TRS in-out. I think "experimenting" would be one thing, but finding effects that would take XLR/TRS balanced/line-level signals could be a recipe for ear-ache.

KISS Rule.

Think about in terms of emulation - what effects do we usually see after the sound comes out of a 4x12 cabinet?? Next to none unless of course it's for recording purposes with close-mic setups, in which case that double backs onto the notion of desk/audio-interface/balanced/etc and then it's usually stuff like raw track manipulation/processing with post-prod reverb, compression, etc. to tailor the sound. Pretty much everything the CaptorX is ofering in-box before the studio-out to monitors or audio interface.

Just my 2 cents.
Unkle Mo

Back