People attacking Mega over at HCAF.........

The_Sh0t

Bunch of fuckin pricks over there....its been setteld but they keep calling him a scammer....i have never bought anything from mega but im confident that its a mistake and am confident to buy something from him :2thumbs:

this is to all the fuckers that think hes a scammer :finga: :asshole:

Well he was trying to sell that guitar here and I almost bought it and several friends I know were looking at it as well. Maybe he does not know enough about necks to determine if they are cracked...I have no clue but I would have been pissed if I bought that piece of crap.

>|<>QBB<
The_Sh0t":e7425 said:
Bunch of fuckin pricks over there....its been setteld but they keep calling him a scammer....i have never bought anything from mega but im confident that its a mistake and am confident to buy something from him :2thumbs:

this is to all the fuckers that think hes a scammer :finga: :asshole:

I read the dialogue he had with the Ebayer, he was very dishonest in his description and he tried to pull a fast one on the buyer with his B tuning excuse.

personally, after having read all that, i dont think he ever intendet to scam anyone, nor did he imo. damage during shipping isnt exactly his fault.

BUT, having read those emails or whatever it was, that someone posted. i think he tried to get out of it abit to easy with the excuses. cant blame him though. its only natural to try to pass teh blame onto someone else, when you yourself don't think i was your fault.

It wasn't damage during shipping though, it was a crack in the neck at the headstock he didn't disclose in the auction, and wasn't a problem for him because he tuned the guitar down. The buyer mentioned the crack was old because of how the edges were dark too, which means "you know the crack was there for a long time, so why didn't you mention it".

Whether the crack was a problem to him or not, what happened afterwards wasn't exactly a shining example of how to take care of the situation. That's what people are being unforgiving about.

In the end, it boils down to that it was a mistake due to lack of experience. This whole encounter has been something new to him, and I honestly believe he has learned from it. He doesn't go out of his way to try to scam people....

he does entirely too much buying selling and trading here and there to intentionally shoot himself in the foot.......

I haven't read the thread in question (banned), but I've gotten to know Mark pretty well over the last 5 or so years, and this is the first time anything like this has happened.

Yeah, I made a mistake and should have mentioned the crack, but the situation is resolved. It's pathetic that the previous 50 deals I've done there hold no water at all. You guys remember the thread I posted when I first got the guitar, I didn't mention the crack because as I've said, it wasn't opened up at all and yo couldn't even feel it there. I'm not a scammer, that's quite obvious from all the deals I've done and how long I've been around HC and here.

>|<>QBB<
Code001":5158d said:
In the end, it boils down to that it was a mistake due to lack of experience. This whole encounter has been something new to him, and I honestly believe he has learned from it. He doesn't go out of his way to try to scam people....

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":5158d said:
Yeah, I made a mistake and should have mentioned the crack, but the situation is resolved. It's pathetic that the previous 50 deals I've done there hold no water at all.

These two posts seem at odds with each other, but anyways...

Megadeth, I don't think the crack is the problem. It's the way you handled the whole thing that people are going on about, both with those on the forum and the buyer.

You may not be a scammer, but just not mentioning the crack because you weren't really aware it could be an issue isn't the half of it.

Mega is not a guitar tech. His lack of experience made him think the neck was perfectly fine. It was not, and he now knows that. His arguments were those based upon the fact that the neck was perfectly fine, in his eyes, when he had it in his hands.

guitars like that get cracks in the neck all the time who know which ones will open up and which wont

>|<>QBB<
Code001":44b5a said:
Mega is not a guitar tech. His lack of experience made him think the neck was perfectly fine. It was not, and he now knows that. His arguments were those based upon the fact that the neck was perfectly fine, in his eyes, when he had it in his hands.

That is what I am thinking, lack of understanding how a guitar plays and adjusting one. One truss rod movement would have found this out.

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":f362e said:
>|<>QBB<

That is what I am thinking, lack of understanding how a guitar plays and adjusting one. One truss rod movement would have found this out.

I didn't mess with the truss rod at all, the guitar played fine and was setup in B tuning when I got it. A few of my friends played the guitar as well, and none of them even noticed the crack.

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":ab286 said:
>|<>QBB<

I didn't mess with the truss rod at all, the guitar played fine and was setup in B tuning when I got it. A few of my friends played the guitar as well, and none of them even noticed the crack.

YOu just need to stay out of the flame threads and lick your wounds, if Chris Granger came back anyone can. You will take a cyber beating for awhile and it will pass.

E tuning has more pounds of pressure on the neck, that and if he wanted relief on the neck with a rod change.......that neck opened right up.

Oh yeah, thanks for telling the huge HCAF forum in your list that I buy Elmos :p

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":255f6 said:
>|<>QBB<

YOu just need to stay out of the flame threads and lick your wounds, if Chris Granger came back anyone can. You will take a cyber beating for awhile and it will pass.

E tuning has more pounds of pressure on the neck, that and if he wanted relief on the neck with a rod change.......that neck opened right up.

Oh yeah, thanks for telling the huge HCAF forum in your list that I buy Elmos :p
Btw Scott...FedEx says the guitar should be on it's way...yet the site doesn't say so...I've tried to find out what's going on. WTF! :?

For mark...I've seen him have many great deals...I simply would have refunded the persons $150 right from the start when they noticed the cracked neck and be done with it...it's how the person had to pull teeth to get a fair refund that makes it all look bad for Mark. IMO

>|<>QBB<
Randy Van Sykes":c17ad said:
For mark...I've seen him have many great deals...I simply would have refunded the persons $150 right from the start when they noticed the cracked neck and be done with it...it's how the person had to pull teeth to get a fair refund that makes it all look bad for Mark. IMO

+1

All I know is if I buy a guitar with a obviously cracked neck and the buyer didn't disclose it, I'd be fucking HOT....

>|<>QBB<
Code001":19286 said:

You're totally missing the point I just made. It doesn't have much to do with the fact that he just didn't know it was a problem.

Which has to do with the fact that he has no real knowledge of setting up/understanding guitars.

Back