People attacking Mega over at HCAF.........

at the end of the day, a lessons been learned, mega's apologized about it. the whole "mega's such a scamming piece of shit" etc stuff is beyond silly. the guy goes through gear like underwear, so what. yeah, hes screwed up once, out of a LOAD of other transactions, succesful ones. if i had sold that guitar, would i have been torn to pieces? probably not, ive never sold a guitar, let alone any gear, so i have no reputation to lose. say a guitar company starts up. they fuck up their very first batches of guitars. there would be maybe a thread, if that, about how crap they are. BUT if fender or ESP or whoever fucked up all their guitars tomorrow onwards, it would be HUGE, MASSIVE news in the guitar playing world, purely because they make amazing guitars, and have a reputation for doing so.

IMO, all this fuss is being made because mega has a reputation to lose. he could have pissed on the toilet seat, and a thread or two would be made about it.

just my thoughts on this whole thing. im not saying he did right or wrong, i just think its imatture the way most people are acting. at least here the subject is talked about seriously and considerately, instead of HCAF "omgz fag lolz hurhurhur teh scamzors" :wink:

If a manufacturer messed something up, they would have immediately made amends, probably no questions asked, if they were a half decent business.

Therein lies the problem here.

People mess up and sometimes things just get messed up on their own. It's how you deal with it that matters.

>|<>QBB<
OneArmedScissor":ed85b said:
If a manufacturer messed something up, they would have immediately made amends, probably no questions asked, if they were a half decent business.

Therein lies the problem here.

People mess up and sometimes things just get messed up on their own. It's how you deal with it that matters.

Ok? He's not a manufacturer. Also, he's learned from his mistake already. I don't see what you're trying to get at?

>|<>QBB<
metalowns101":07106 said:
at the end of the day, a lessons been learned, mega's apologized about it. the whole "mega's such a scamming piece of shit" etc stuff is beyond silly. the guy goes through gear like underwear, so what. yeah, hes screwed up once, out of a LOAD of other transactions, succesful ones. if i had sold that guitar, would i have been torn to pieces? probably not, ive never sold a guitar, let alone any gear, so i have no reputation to lose. say a guitar company starts up. they fuck up their very first batches of guitars. there would be maybe a thread, if that, about how crap they are. BUT if fender or ESP or whoever fucked up all their guitars tomorrow onwards, it would be HUGE, MASSIVE news in the guitar playing world, purely because they make amazing guitars, and have a reputation for doing so.

IMO, all this fuss is being made because mega has a reputation to lose. he could have pissed on the toilet seat, and a thread or two would be made about it.

just my thoughts on this whole thing. im not saying he did right or wrong, i just think its imatture the way most people are acting. at least here the subject is talked about seriously and considerately, instead of HCAF "omgz fag lolz hurhurhur teh scamzors" :wink:

I don't know who you are, but I totally agree with everything you said.

>|<>QBB<
metalowns101":e6de9 said:

+1

>|<>QBB<
Code001":d32be said:
Which has to do with the fact that he has no real knowledge of setting up/understanding guitars.

That is great and all but what about the 7865093875043 comments about build quality and action of guitars.

He has wizzed on some of the finest guitars on the planet :?

That's a maturity thing. He thinks Caparisons are the best guitars in the world. Also, you've known him long enough to know he's fairly "head strong" when it comes to stating his opinions.

It was pathetically stupid. Mark doesnt go out to scam people ala sheet rock dude but I'd be mighty pissed off if I was the buyer.

People just need to apply basic common sense and dont act all dumb when they are caught out

I never have these problems because I disclose everything, take tons of pics and only ever deal locally. 8)

>|<>QBB<
Code001":f3d26 said:
That's a maturity thing. He thinks Caparisons are the best guitars in the world. Also, you've known him long enough to know he's fairly "head strong" when it comes to stating his opinions.

Blackmores blow. My Powerball shits on it.

>|<>QBB<
Randy Van Sykes":dc966 said:
For mark...I've seen him have many great deals...I simply would have refunded the persons $150 right from the start when they noticed the cracked neck and be done with it...it's how the person had to pull teeth to get a fair refund that makes it all look bad for Mark. IMO

Exactly

>|<>QBB<
metalowns101":dc897 said:

+1

I will reply here too I guess.
I don't have a problem with Mark. I didn't like him at all at first, but, after taking a bit of time to talk with him, I do like him. He has been very cool to me and hopefully I to him.

I did have a problem with the way he handled that RG550 situation though.
I wouldn't have handled it that way and I know Mark won't from now on hopefully. I know that reputation when selling and buying things is EVERYTHING. Only takes one thing to totally RUIN you in that aspect.

Mark, hope you are having a good New Year so far other than that dealio!

Gary

Back