Pete Thorn Axe-Fx clip.

thiswaythatway

Sorry if this has already been posted but this is pretty killer. Just some really damm good tones, some of the best I've heard from the Axe-FX so far, and it sounds extremely amp-like to me. Agh, whatever, it JUST SOUNDS GOOD. I'm not going to sit here and split hairs like some others about the intricate nature of tubes, blah blah. This just sounds great. :rock:

Yeah not splitting hairs mister 6789698 delay and boost pedals later :LOL: :LOL:

You should have been at the fortinfest, missed ya bro and damn did you miss H lay down the pain :rock:

Digital Jams":ahl9xxi3 said:
Yeah not splitting hairs mister 6789698 delay and boost pedals later :LOL: :LOL:

You should have been at the fortinfest, missed ya bro and damn did you miss H lay down the pain :rock:

I still have the BB Preamp and i have a Timeline i got on the cheap because it has an issue that I'm trying to sort out, but works fine for mono. I'm looking to see if the Axe can replace everything using the 4cm, i can't wait to try it. Although, there's some unseen force at work that just doesn't want me to own an Axe-Fx. :gethim: I paid someone a week ago for a standard and i still don't have it. He claimed he was waiting for the money to clear into his bank account. Well, 2 more days and i call up Paypal and get my money back since he's not being very communicative, Thank God i DIDN'T use the gift option.

danyeo":3mt3xfx9 said:
Digital Jams":3mt3xfx9 said:

I still have the BB Preamp and i have a Timeline i got on the cheap because it has an issue that I'm trying to sort out, but works fine for mono. I'm looking to see if the Axe can replace everything using the 4cm, i can't wait to try it. Although, there's some unseen force at work that just doesn't want me to own an Axe-Fx. :gethim: I paid someone a week ago for a standard and i still don't have it. He claimed he was waiting for the money to clear into his bank account. Well, 2 more days and i call up Paypal and get my money back since he's not being very communicative, Thank God i DIDN'T use the gift option.

Oh man, no doubt on the gift option :doh: :gethim:

The axefx into the loop of the fortin with room, delay and pitchshift would just kill and you have a killer toy to screw with while watching the Yankees playing through monitors :thumbsup: :rock:

Digital Jams":1pi324a6 said:
danyeo":1pi324a6 said:
Digital Jams":1pi324a6 said:

Oh man, no doubt on the gift option :doh: :gethim:

The axefx into the loop of the fortin with room, delay and pitchshift would just kill and you have a killer toy to screw with while watching the Yankees playing through monitors :thumbsup: :rock:

Speaking of through the monitors. I'm up watching the Yankees come back against the Dodgers on my TV last nigh. My PC, mixer, and KRK monitors were on but nothing was playing through them, i had the volume on the tv set to low because it was almost midnight and i hear a LOUD voice come through my monitors, "HEY RICK, OVER HERE, OVER HERE scared the shit out of me, it was freakin loud. :LOL: :LOL:

spawnofthesith":14lxf76u said:
Sounds good! :rock:

Mark Day's vids and clips are still my favorite that I have heard from the Axe FX so far

Mark's tones aren't what i go for as a player or listener, but it's all good. Goes to show you can dial in what you want.

I've been posting this video all over the place and giving it high praise. I've said repeatedly over the past couple years "the axe-fx sounds just ok; haven't heard anything that's really blown me away." Well here it is. The tones/sounds on this video blew me away! IMO his tone here sounds every bit as good as his Suhr and Marsha demos. Now I'm taking the Axe seriously. :rock:

Just about every single clip I've heard of Pete through ANYTHING has sounded killer! :LOL: :LOL: This one was no exception, dude has an ear for tone and killer chops so it's no surprise he can dial in an Axe perfectly! Between his vids and Mark Day's videos there are some sweet, sweet Axe-Fx clips out there! :rock:

samhill":2c3sjj9y said:
Digital Jams":2c3sjj9y said:
donbarzini":2c3sjj9y said:
danyeo":2c3sjj9y said:
Mark's tones aren't what i go for as a player or listener, but it's all good.

how about that gig bag though?

Saw the real deal Saturday, amazed by the fact we got the Natas in there. :D

I use mine as a garage.

Mark

Well then I really need one as my wife and kids have taken over mine :cry:

Great crunch tones. I dont think the high gain on the Axe sounds quite as in the same league as his PT-100 clips though. Pete is such a great player though that I agree he sounds so good through pretty much anything.

This is the first time I ever really commented on the Axe fx in this debate we seem to be having on the vs. tube amp thing.
I've sat back and listened to all the people here say this and that and I have listened to all the clips put up here too.

This clip sounds cool and has nice effects with lots of models and presets, Pete is a great player, I'm going to get flamed for this, but it still does not sound like a good tube amp! There I said it! lol :scared: It never will....you can even put a good tube poweramp after it and it will help for sure but it will still sound like a transistor preamp being pushed by a tube poweramp.

Before all you guys jump on me, I'm not putting down the Axe fx in any way, it does sound good. Its a great tool to use especially for direct recording. It is what it is and its not what its not. Thats all. I'm going to take a beating on this one... :LOL: :LOL:

War Admiral":30pimhq4 said:
This clip sounds cool and has nice effects with lots of models and presets, Pete is a great player, I'm going to get flamed for this, but it still does not sound like good tube amp! There I said it! lol :scared: It never will....you can even put a good tube poweramp after it and it will help for sure but it will still sound like a transistor preamp being pushed by a tube poweramp.

I agree. I think it sounds really good and best in class for what it is, but I would not put it in the same league with the best tube amps. I wouldnt take this over a XTC, Shiva, SLO, PT-100, etc.

danyeo":2ecldh2b said:
Sorry if this has already been posted but this is pretty killer. Just some really damm good tones, some of the best I've heard from the Axe-FX so far, and it sounds extremely amp-like to me. Agh, whatever, it JUST SOUNDS GOOD. I'm not going to sit here and split hairs like some others about the intricate nature of tubes, blah blah. This just sounds great. :rock:

Excellent indeed! The thing is, the guy would probably make a $400 Blackstar or Rebel amp sound the same or very, very close. Did I ever say anything about my experience with yngwie about 10-11 yrs ago? I walked into a guitar store here in vegas to get strings and yngwie was in there, I've talked to him 2 or 3 times before that and he was at least 100 times better than that whale shit of george lynch..they used to make an amp back then called the "Roc Pro 100" fender made it..yngwie was playing a badly made Tom Anderson (the fret work on it was a joke for a $2000+ guitar back then. they stuck out and scratched you when you'd do b or high e string vibratos) thru that Roc Pro amp and he sounded like he was playing a classic, relic Marshall amp. We then had him plug into a VHT pittbull and sure enough he sounded the same..sure there were some slight differences in tone, LITTLE differences but I doubt anyone alive would have said or even thought.. "you know fuck, yngwie can play but his tone when he switched to the VHT was not happening for me.."i CO0uLDZ n0Tz GETZ mY t0oNES" with that VHT!

Moral: Get an amp, modeler, axe fx, tube amp, cheap amp, expensive amp BUT play the shit out of it until you wake up one day and throw up from just looking at it or your gf leaves you, your dog leaves you and your pet parrot starts to pluck it's feathers. THAT'S how you get your tone but NO ONE wants to hear that because it's easier to get 50,000 posts at a forum in a 2 year span than to actually put EFFORT into playing whatever amp you own.

Yes, that did sound great by the way. I love the axe fx. :rock:

Back