Pete Thorn Axe-Fx clip.

Random Hero":117rk2yk said:
Sounds great. Pete Thorn would sound great plugged into almost anything but these tones do sound very good.
+1 :rock:
Name an amp you can't stand. Have Mr. Thorn play through it. You will be at the music store the next day buying it!

FriedChickenBandit":zg5ivae8 said:
danyeo":zg5ivae8 said:
Sorry if this has already been posted but this is pretty killer. Just some really damm good tones, some of the best I've heard from the Axe-FX so far, and it sounds extremely amp-like to me. Agh, whatever, it JUST SOUNDS GOOD. I'm not going to sit here and split hairs like some others about the intricate nature of tubes, blah blah. This just sounds great. :rock:

Excellent indeed! The thing is, the guy would probably make a $400 Blackstar or Rebel amp sound the same or very, very close. Did I ever say anything about my experience with yngwie about 10-11 yrs ago? I walked into a guitar store here in vegas to get strings and yngwie was in there, I've talked to him 2 or 3 times before that and he was at least 100 times better than that whale shit of george lynch..they used to make an amp back then called the "Roc Pro 100" fender made it..yngwie was playing a badly made Tom Anderson (the fret work on it was a joke for a $2000+ guitar back then. they stuck out and scratched you when you'd do b or high e string vibratos) thru that Roc Pro amp and he sounded like he was playing a classic, relic Marshall amp. We then had him plug into a VHT pittbull and sure enough he sounded the same..sure there were some slight differences in tone, LITTLE differences but I doubt anyone alive would have said or even thought.. "you know fuck, yngwie can play but his tone when he switched to the VHT was not happening for me.."i CO0uLDZ n0Tz GETZ mY t0oNES" with that VHT!

Moral: Get an amp, modeler, axe fx, tube amp, cheap amp, expensive amp BUT play the shit out of it until you wake up one day and throw up from just looking at it or your gf leaves you, your dog leaves you and your pet parrot starts to pluck it's feathers. THAT'S how you get your tone but NO ONE wants to hear that because it's easier to get 50,000 posts at a forum in a 2 year span than to actually put EFFORT into playing whatever amp you own.

Yes, that did sound great by the way. I love the axe fx. :rock:

hahahha this post is awesome...

it's true if you have good chops you should be able to make just about any rig sound decent. It's just that if you then plug into a bitchin real man's amp like a good old Plexi on 10, you'll have the skills to really do some sonic craziness- like you know, EVH would sound great playing unplugged or even through a little practice amp, the tone isn't important at that point, you're just listening to what he's doing... but then channel it through a beast of an amp and then you are gonna see god, haha

thanks for the kind words!

btw re: the hi gain part of that vid- it sounds weird to me too, not sure what they were doing with that, maybe using a strange blend of the mics on those AR wedges and the direct signal? That's not what that patch sounds like, though, FWIW.

Back