Pete Thorn demos Mick Mars Dr. Feelgood Marshall

Does anyone know if the Corabi MC album featured this amp, a Soldano SLO 100, or perhaps a blend of them? That is the only Mick Mars tone I found impressive besides a late 90’s TV appearance on one of the late shows. Can’t remember if it was on Leno, Conan, etc. That was one of the best live tones I’d ever heard.

ec1275c8a2719480826e8017b9446bf7.jpg

Blend. Always.

Anybody can do em surely, Dave seems to be the one servicing the originals the most so I think it’s fitting if he releases some. The guy from blockhead / 3 monkeys has a nice YouTube video detailing his original Jose, nice of him to do so.

I wonder how one would actually confirm that metric. A lot of us here in LA have serviced Those amps....

Someone was saying the Girls tone was terrible but man, I think it was fantastic. A little bright and cutting but in the mix, who doesn't think Wild Side and Girls don't sound HUGE with that tone in the mix?

Just realized he was playing a SS Guitar by the Raygun Pickups..
It all sounds good to me. It doesn't need to stab you in the ears.. It's warm but articulate..
That sound at volume has plenty of bite.

Corabi was the best singer they ever had
That whole 94 album was awesome. It was musically the best thing those guys ever did. The problem was they called it Motley Crue when there can’t be a MC w/o Vince’s voice. Say what you will about Vince, but his voice is unique. Then, the time period hurt them on that album. Motley Crue wan not cool in 1994, no matter who fronted the band. I remember them walking off the set and threatening an MTV interviewer who basically made fun of them in an interview. But, anyway, I thought that album rocked. I just consider it more of a side project than a Crue record.

That whole 94 album was awesome. It was musically the best thing those guys ever did. The problem was they called it Motley Crue when there can’t be a MC w/o Vince’s voice. Say what you will about Vince, but his voice is unique. Then, the time period hurt them on that album. Motley Crue wan not cool in 1994, no matter who fronted the band. I remember them walking off the set and threatening an MTV interviewer who basically made fun of them in an interview. But, anyway, I thought that album rocked. I just consider it more of a side project than a Crue record.
I do like all their albums, some more than others, and I always liked Mick's tone. Including on GGG.
I also agree that MC without Vince is like Rage Against the Machine without Zack.
Tho I always liked the album Motley Crue, and wish they would've kept it going with that project parallel to the original Crue, I really wish they've done it with a different name.

Back