Pete Thorn with Vai’s DLR-era Jose Marshall

RevDrucifer

This oughtta cream some jeans around here. Great fucking vid! Vai comes in at the end to discuss his history with the amp(s) and Friedman is also featured talking specs.

Yeah this was a great video for sure...wish there were more like it on other classic amps, guitars, etc.

I thought that amp was stolen??

What was the story where they had practice, and then locked everything in the room and then somehow it got ripped off even with like someone watching or something like that?!?!

Monomyth":1hkel40p said:
The video was awesome, Dave did this mod to one of Reza’s amps years ago, my buddy owned it for awhile and I had the pleasure to get inside of it, only two parts were changed on the board.

https://youtu.be/hEbQLLHKqlM
You mean it was stock other than two parts? Or it was two parts different than the Jose?

I thought I saw a Steve Stevens interview where he had to borrow his amps to Vai to record a DLR album, not sure which one, cuz Steve said the first recordings didn't sound good.

crwnedblasphemy":7yc97g8o said:
I thought I saw a Steve Stevens interview where he had to borrow his amps to Vai to record a DLR album, not sure which one, cuz Steve said the first recordings didn't sound good.

I haven't watched the video yet but Stevens said on FB that Vai mentioned the loaned amps for Eat Em and Smile at about 39 minutes.

LP Freak":3rf3fte4 said:
Monomyth":3rf3fte4 said:
The video was awesome, Dave did this mod to one of Reza’s amps years ago, my buddy owned it for awhile and I had the pleasure to get inside of it, only two parts were changed on the board.

You mean it was stock other than two parts? Or it was two parts different than the Jose?

The two changes on the board made it an early year stock plexi, tube added with the arrangement they talked about in the vid with a pre tonestack Jose master, Bright cap was 4700pf and .68 on the pres circuit

Monomyth":25i61jd8 said:
LP Freak":25i61jd8 said:
Monomyth":25i61jd8 said:

The two changes on the board made it an early year stock plexi, tube added with the arrangement they talked about in the vid with a pre tonestack Jose master, Bright cap was 4700pf and .68 on the pres circuit
;)

There is so much goodness in that video, I can barely take it. Three awesome people and just killer at what they do.

The whole thing about the tube pushing the rest of the amp is just awesome to hear. Is like how a boost pedal is used. Loved Vai talking about his speaker cabs on, under, etc. the stage. I actually laughed out loud when he was talking about that. I can only imagine. LOL.

Thanks for posting man. Great vid!

Great vid. :rock:
Yeah, I laughed out loud too when he mentioned the cabs under the stage.
Thanks for posting this :thumbsup:

That modded Jose !! But any way anybody can getta mod done on this exactly ? Or if Dave friedman can do for the people ?

Back