Petrucci's New Touring Rig For 2016

Very cool. I got a red dirt for Christmas and I'm blown away by it. I wonder what he is using the Mesa power amps for? Probably his recto 1x12 monitors

Looks pretty sweet to me. He sure is digging on the TC Electronic pedals. I guess he's got the power amps set up to power some 1x12s on stage? 1x12s in the ISO cab for audience sound, 1x12s on stage for monitoring?

messenger":2rrkrg4o said:
So he has his rack wah wired up and his sig Wah on the floor? :confused:
Yeah, that's interesting...Maybe he uses the rack wah for other spots on the stage? We need a new rig rundown video this tour :thumbsup:

I'm not a guy who chases his tone (or other people's tone really) obsessively, but I really like watching rig rundowns. Even for players/bands I don't listen to or even like. It's just fun to see what people are using and what sounds they get. Premier Guitar's RR videos are particularly good.

I'm curious to know how often his sig delay pedals are actually on and used. With the AxeFX units there's really no need, performance/musically speaking.

messenger":1kp2gjtm said:
So he has his rack wah wired up and his sig Wah on the floor? :confused:

My guess would be they used the housing of the sig wah, but stuck in the guts for the rack wah controller.

He is doing the same like Kirk and Slash. The Wah Pedal is just the footcontroller of the DCR2SR but it looks like his signature Pedal.
He is still using the Rackmount because of the short signal path.

Metaddict":1q6wi6y5 said:
He is doing the same like Kirk and Slash. The Wah Pedal is just the footcontroller of the DCR2SR but it looks like his signature Pedal.
He is still using the Rackmount because of the short signal path.

Yep, you can clearly see a cable going into the right side of the wah and nothing on the left.

You pretty much knew going in what it would be, but its still really cool to see. Im sure they'll do a rundown of it!

Entire signal chain:

Ernie Ball Music Man Guitar(Majesty/ JP 15/ JP 16)—> TRS Cable to Framtone A/B Box
A/B box Piezo OUT—> ISO Transformer —> TC Electronic BodyRez pedal —> Acoustic signal DI to FOH —> PA and Monitors
A/B Box Magnetic OUT —>
RJM Tone Saver(Out 2 feeds TC Electronic Polytune2 Blacklite Tuner on pedalboard)
RJM Tone Saver Out 1—> Jim Dunlop Guitar Products JP95 Wah Pedal (Mounted in rack chasis)
JP95 Wah Pedal —> RJM Mini Effects Gizmo loop switcher IN
Loop 1: TC Electronic Hyper Gravity compressor
Loop 2: Keeley Red Dirt Overdrive pedal
Loop 3: TC Electronic Helix Phaser pedal
Loop 4: TC Electronic Viscous Vibe pedal
Loop 5: TC Electronic John Petrucci Dreamscape pedal(2 daisy chained together for different sounds. Manually switched between)
RJM MEG OUT —> Mesa Boogie JP2C Amp INPUT
Mesa Boogie JP2C Amp FX Loop SEND —> Fractal Audio Axefx XL+ INPUT
Fractal Axefx XL+ OUT 1 L/R —> Mesa Boogie JP2C FX Loop RETURN(Amp 1 and Amp 2. Amp 2 used as power amp for main cabinet sound)
Mesa Boogie JP2C Amp 1 and 2 Speaker Outs —> 2x Mesa Boogie Recto 1x12 cabs(mic’d for PA and Monitors)
Fractal Axefx XL+ OUT 2 L/R —> Mesa Boogie 20/20 DynaWatt power amp( Drives Mesa Boogie Mini Recto 1x12 Slant cabs for monitor wedges)

Pedalboard: RJM Mastermind GT22 Midi Controller
Ernie Ball Volume Pedal
Dunlop JP95 Wah Pedal(control for rack mounted JP95)
TC Electronic Polytune2 Blacklite tuner

John_Petrucci_Guitar_Rig_01.jpg

If ever there was a mesa fan boy

:rock:

Do you think all of the amps that he has had through the years are his, or are they loaned through his endorsement?

I'm curious to hear what it sounds like live, I've always liked his tone regardless of his amp choice.

geetarmikey":x076jcnm said:
Very nice rig, I wonder why he uses those pedals for modulation when the Axe probably has way more options?
Pedals out front, Axe-FX in the loop. He doesn't run the Axe-FX in 4 cable mode. He likes to use pedals out front, so he can easily experiment with diferent gear people give him.

John had the coolest FX racks before he went Axe and pedals... Eventide GTR4000/DSP7000/Orville, Lexicon PCM70 and PCM80, TC 2290 and 1210, Korg DL8000...

Back