Played a Friedman Cali today

Rdodson

I played a candy apple red Friedman Cali (dual humbucker) today through a Tone King Sky King amp.

Wow.

Incredible playability, which I had hoped for and sorta expected. What I didn't expect was how good the guitar sounded. Balanced, rich, and Les Paul levels of sustain and girth. I really dug the Friedman pickups.

It was a bit heavy - probably 9 pounds (which I consider heavy for a bolt-on). But maybe that contributed to the outstanding tone.

Nice. Just like the Jackson's of the 80s, which were almost identical to the Charvels they replaced. Very Cool. Some of those old Jacksons were HEAVY guitars, I had a Maple pointy from 86 and I could barely stand playing it for one set, it was so heavy lol. Great guitar.
Friedman made a great choice hiring Grover to build for him.

Racerxrated":mihsybh8 said:
Nice. Just like the Jackson's of the 80s, which were almost identical to the Charvels they replaced. Very Cool. Some of those old Jacksons were HEAVY guitars, I had a Maple pointy from 86 and I could barely stand playing it for one set, it was so heavy lol. Great guitar.
Friedman made a great choice hiring Grover to build for him.

The maple guitars I have had sounded great, thick, yet defined, and just kicked ass!

Would love to try one myself. Also curious to hear their pickups, when it's in the vintage hot range with overwound paf voice (which is a kind of pickup I like, and I m pleased to notice it's getting more popular), my ears tingle.

Back