Playing a Friedman 16 Ohm 4x12 and 8 Ohm 2x12 together

hatrick00

So here is the situation. I have a BE100 and JJ. I also have a stock Friedman 4x12 and 2x12. Is there a safe way to play both of these cabs together from the BE or JJ? The 4x12 is 16 Ohm and the 2x12 is 8 Ohm. I read somewhere that this will make the 2x12 much louder than the 4x12 if ran together. Is there any truth to this, and more importantly, is this safe to do? Also if I run it like this, would I set the amp to 8 Ohms? I appreciate any advice!

LP Freak":3v9j3xpl said:
Didn’t you just ask this on TGP and you were getting all kinds of crazy answers? :LOL: :LOL:
No, that was not me, but I have read all sorts of conflicting info on running mismatched cab ohms which is why I posted it here. Still have not tried it yet, but looks super cool with the 2x12 on top of the 4x12 LOL :rawk:

Update - I just tried this set at 4 ohms with my 20th Shiva and it sounded amazing. The 2x12 was maybe a touch louder, but really negligible at that point. You still get all the punch and bass from the 4x12, but the 2x12 helps project the sound up, which helps me because I am tall. I don't think I can go back to just a 4x12 now.... whoops....

hatrick00":1pc28ug4 said:
LP Freak":1pc28ug4 said:
Didn’t you just ask this on TGP and you were getting all kinds of crazy answers? :LOL: :LOL:
No, that was not me, but I have read all sorts of conflicting info on running mismatched cab ohms which is why I posted it here. Still have not tried it yet, but looks super cool with the 2x12 on top of the 4x12 LOL :rawk:
Ok cool. It’s always best to go to the source. If you check the ohm reading on your cabinets with a multimeter I bet you’re even closer matched than you think.

Back