please help me on how to use the torpedo captor as a cabinet simulator

vermouth13

which and what inputs do i plug in the amp to use it as a cab sim? and will i need a 48v phantom or 9-24vdc5mA?? please help i am so clueless

Hi @vermouth13

Ross from Two notes here! Thanks so much for reaching out!

If you are talking about Captor X you will need to use the included power supply to power the unit. Then, connect your amp's output to the SPEAKER INPUT of the Captor X, indicated by a red bolt - ONLY use a speaker cable for this connection. Connect your headphones to the PHONES output if you want to monitor privately. Use the OUTPUT LEVEL to set the level of your headphones. If you want to listen through monitors or record to your DAW, connect the XLR outputs to your studio monitors/active speakers/audio interface with microphone cables. You can also use XLR/TRS jack from the Captor X's outputs to the next audio device. The OUTPUT LEVEL controls both the headphones and XLR outputs.

Let me know if you need a similar description for our Analogue Captor!

If there is anything else you need, please don't hesitate to contact us! We are always happy to help!

can i use the torpedo captor 8 as a alternative to an amp and plug it through an audio interface and use neural dsp plugins for my sounds?

Hi @vermouth13,

Thanks for getting back to me!

You absolutely can! However if your have a Captor 8 and have registered this on our site, you are entitled to a lifetime license of wall of sound for cabinet modelling, plus 16 complementary DynIR cabinets and access to 500+ in our store!

More information
About Captor: https://www.two-notes.com/en/torpedo-series/torpedo-captor/
About Wall of Sound: https://www.two-notes.com/en/torpedo-series/torpedo-wall-of-sound/

Please let me know if there is any other information you need and I will gladly assist!

thank you so much for the assistance, so how will i plug stuff into stuff? will it be guitar -> (line (dry) input) torpedo captor 8 -> red input cable and attenuator to the audio interface? then i plug in my headphones to the audio intereface

Hi @vermouth13,

This would be the correct way of wiring this together: Guitar into your Guitar Amp / Guitar Amp Speaker output into the SPEAKER INPUT (red nut) / Then connect the LINE output of the Captor to your audio interface. This output is dry, meaning there is no speaker simulation applied to the signal: it's the raw signal coming straight out of the amp, from the SPEAKER INPUT. This dry signal should be processed with a speaker simulation before being monitored - like our Wall of Sound Plugin.

Please let me know if this helps?

Ross

is it ok to use solid state amps other than jsut tube amps? and do u absolutely need an audio interface to get it working?

Hello @vermouth13 , yes you can use the Captor with solid state amps. No you do not absolutely need an audio interface to use the Captor. The unit has an analogue speaker simulation which allows you to connect directly to your monitors, active speaker, the mixing desk.

Back