Post 2012 Engl Savage 120. How can you tell?

So I think I'm going to take some of you guys' advice and try the upgraded transformer post 2012 version of the Savage 120. I found one for sale for a good price within driving distance. Guy says he bought it new in 2013. Is there anyway to tell the difference from the older smaller tranny ones? Anything cosmetic? Anybody have a newer one that they can show a dimensions of the tranny?
Thanks.

Look at the OT... if has round bell-ends... its an old one. If it is square looks like a block... it's an new one. 2013 should be a new larger OT.

Here's a pic of the new one:

engls4.jpg

Just get the Serial# and email ENGL. I have done this on numerous amps before buying used ENGL's and they have always responded. They aren't always the quickest to respond though :aww:

Or

Post 2011 OT should look like this bad boy:

Savage120%20Output%20Trans4_zpswcscfxaa.jpg

Wizard of Ozz":4uq5suic said:
LOL!!! I figured you'd reply to this. :)

You no it :thumbsup:

On a side note, I just started getting back into playing some heavy bluesy stuff in the vein of Jimmy and Zeppelin and tried a TS9 into the clean channel of the Savage palying through an LP studio with a Bare Knuckle Rebel Yell in the Bridge and was blown away!!! Pretty inspiring honestly. So much so, that I ordered what's sure to be a most amazing monster 67/68 era Marshall clone! More on that after it arrives!

Intimidator333":1b8p8dxn said:
Wizard of Ozz":1b8p8dxn said:
LOL!!! I figured you'd reply to this. :)
Well I figured both of you guys would be the first 2. Do you guys have an alert on your phones anytime somebody says Engl on here?

I don't own a cell phone TBH, but my spider senses do tingle a bit whenever someone posts about ENGL. Especially the Savage 120 :thumbsup:

Here are a couple pics I blew up and brightened from the CL ad. Can you guys tell at all?

Attachments

• IMG_1764.PNG
    IMG_1764.PNG
    993.2 KB · Views: 695
  • IMG_1763.PNG
    IMG_1763.PNG
    998.2 KB · Views: 696
Back