Post a pic of the last guitar you got in 2023

Very stoked with this Suhr Andy Wood and the friend I made in the process. Never been a tele guy yet this guitar is amazing.

Neck, fretwork, pickups, all great.

Attachments

• IMG_1898.jpeg
    IMG_1898.jpeg
    212.8 KB · Views: 21
Which 5 string?

Sounds like first rigtalk item of ‘24
It's an Ibanez Ergodyne EDA-905F - 5-string, fretless, silver, from around 2000. Has one magnetic pickup, and Fishman piezo bridge that can be blended, should get the upright bass sound with the piezos.

I haven't had a fretless in several years, last was a 4-string, and I still have a couple of fretted 4-strings.

Edit: I've been thinking about a fretless for awhile, not finding anything I liked at a price I liked, until now.

This is it, should ship Tuesday:

EDA-905F.png

Last edited:
Man I’ve always wanted to try fretless, Grats 🤙
It's an Ibanez Ergodyne EDA-905F - 5-string, fretless, silver, from around 2000. Has one magnetic pickup, and Fishman piezo bridge that can be blended, should get the upright bass sound with the piezos.

I haven't had a fretless in several years, last was a 4-string, and I still have a couple of fretted 4-strings.

Edit: I've been thinking about a fretless for awhile, not finding anything I liked at a price I liked, until now.

Reactions: rsm
Man I’ve always wanted to try fretless, Grats 🤙
I always like the sound, feel and expressiveness of a fretless. Just difficult to find in a brand, model, features etc. at a price I want to pay.

I don't follow bass gear much, but it seems fretless bass guitar has been taken over by electric fretless uprights...as it's taken a while for me to find one I wanted, really wanted a 4-string but seems like a good time for me to try 5-string finally.

Back