Post a pic of the last guitar you got in 2023

Just the one..
Fat Cat approved..

IMG_20240102_135954541(1).jpg

I love the shape and neck of a Wolfgang but I absolutely cannot stand the super small frets. I just can’t get used to them. I’d own one if I could refret one with jumbo stainless.
I absolutely agree. And my plan was if I loved the guitar I’d refret it. But surprisingly there not all that small. I wouldn’t want them any shorter and I’m kinda liking them now. Well these anyways.
The ones on the new les Paul’s I sure wish were a little taller.

I absolutely agree. And my plan was if I loved the guitar I’d refret it. But surprisingly there not all that small. I wouldn’t want them any shorter and I’m kinda liking them now. Well these anyways.
The ones on the new les Paul’s I sure wish were a little taller.
I’ve owned two Wolfgang’s and the first I wore the frets off of a great sounding purple special. The second was a standard that was dark sounding and just didn’t speak to me so I sold it. I’d play another great sounding one in a heartbeat but I’m over the small frets on the fender ones.

Bought this in September. 1952 Les Paul with all original finish, no repairs, original electronics. Had p90’s, of course. Even has the OG 50’s lifton case. The trapeze was removed and a tune o matic/ stoptail already added when I got it. You can see the lighter gold circles around the ends of the ABR-1 where the trapeze used to rest on the body.

I also picked up an original 1958 neck PAF (8k) and an original 1959 double white bridge PAF (8.7k) . I sent the guitar to Jim at Jam City guitars. He reset the neck angle to the correct 4 degrees and routed it for humbuckers. So now it’s a 1957 conversion. It actually ships back to me this week.

Contrary to popular belief, the neck on it is not a baseball bat. It’s super easy to play and is smaller than my Historic Makeovers R9 neck. It’s around 8lb 4oz.

View attachment 276666
View attachment 276669
This is the dopest shit I’ve seen in forever.

I've been in a really good zone these last few years, very little gear purchasing, lots of music making with the current stash, just content I guess.

I did grab this Charvel (MiJ) at the start of '23. I love the look (kinda has a Beach meets Govan vibe) and she's a tone machine.

Charvel-DK24-Case-Goodies.jpg

Charvel-DK24-Body.jpg

Wenge-Neck.jpg

Back