Power Amp Emulator (PAE-1)

Casey_Butt

Finally got to the Power Amp Emulator. The enclosures printed well, so next comes the clear coat. The boards should be done and stuffed in a week or so...

Attachments

• IMG-2576_crop.jpg
    IMG-2576_crop.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 87
Short Power Amp Emulator demo.

Signal chain was: Guitar -> AXiom Overdrive Preamp OP-1 (set for moderate gain like a Tube Screamer) -> AXiom Power Amp Emulator PAE-1 -> AXiom SCE-1 prototype (cab emulator) -> AXiom SCV-1 prototype (for stereo spread) -> interface -> DAW (reverb added)

I just found this place from some threads over at another forum. PAE-1 is still my favorite pedal to recommend. Absolute game changer of a pedal. Hey Casey. You should know my Fryette PS2 has not been used since buying the first PAE-1 back in March. The 2nd one has been the perfect pairing with my Black a widow Audio Designs MGP-1A also. :cool:

Nice they have direct manufacturer forums here!

Unfortunately, the PAE-1 just doesn't have the physical presence of my Marshalls, so they have to stay. Perhaps I should build one into a 4x12 cabinet with a solid-state amp. :D

I just found this place from some threads over at another forum. PAE-1 is still my favorite pedal to recommend. Absolute game changer of a pedal. Hey Casey. You should know my Fryette PS2 has not been used since buying the first PAE-1 back in March. The 2nd one has been the perfect pairing with my Black a widow Audio Designs MGP-1A also. :cool:

The PAE-1 is definitely a game changer.

Is it me or is this thread odd? I don’t mind it being me but….
You mean two new guys fanboi-ing over this pedal? I actually came here for the Ground Zero Hellion content and just noticed Casey got his stuff here. I follow him like the Deadheads followed Jerry Garcia.

You mean two new guys fanboi-ing over this pedal? I actually came here for the Ground Zero Hellion content and just noticed Casey got his stuff here. I follow him like the Deadheads followed Jerry Garcia.
Ha. Yeah. Pedal looks good. Would love to hear clips

Yeah, he’s into something big with this pedal. I stick it in the effects loop to get that cranked amp sound out of a not cranked amp. It also makes recording a breeze.

Hey V! I’m Mark.B over at the forum that likes to ban me. 😂

I’m eyeballing the MGP-1A. If I can sell my Marshall Vintage Modern I’ll probably get one.

Lol. Just go over to TGP and look up Mark B.’s very long thread about something missing in the sound of just preamp to cab sim and you’ll find the introduction of Casey and his most awesome and much needed PAE-1 and you can follow along to me being a little skeptical all the way to owning 2 and ditching two real tube power amp + attenuator setups for two PAE-1 pedals. I’m definitely a cheerleader for Axiom but because the products are pretty amazing. Uncanny engineering marvels. Haha. I’m same username over there almost 4000 posts and been there a few years. I mention the gear I love quite a bit and solutions that have really worked for me. Preamp builders, amp builders, attenuator brand and choices, etc - not just a great pedal builder/wizard like Casey.

Sorry if it seems odd but once you’ve tried one with an outstanding preamp, it should make sense. He has some clips of it on his YouTube. I have an Omega-Vibe also thanks to Mark suggesting it and seeing/hearing some reviews. My posts over at TGP will show I take risks trying new products and little known products too. It’s how I got a full handwired 50 watt Plexi with PPIMV and fx loop in unbranded small box headshell for $773 shipped to my door. My Bulgarian made tube preamps also. Most of the time the gamble pays off and certainly did in spades ordering my PAE-1 pedals. Up to you to decide if Casey has us at gunpoint or on the payroll….😉

Hey V! I’m Mark.B over at the forum that likes to ban me. 😂

I’m eyeballing the MGP-1A. If I can sell my Marshall Vintage Modern I’ll probably get one.
Hey Mark - getting tired of threads and posts whisked away at that other place too? Lol. I’m just checking it out here and followed along with someone recently banned over at the other place. Mod was tattling about his posts here so I thought it worthy to check this place out! Just stumbled on the manufacturers forum here and thought I’d fanboi Casey again . Lol

Hey Mark - getting tired of threads and posts whisked away at that other place too? Lol. I’m just checking it out here and followed along with someone recently banned over at the other place. Mod was tattling about his posts here so I thought it worthy to check this place out! Just stumbled on the manufacturers forum here and thought I’d fanboi Casey again . Lol
I was googling for more info on the Ground Zero Hellion and it led me here. It’s very modern and very high gain, not normally my thing but I want one.

Damn now I really really want it to be tomorrow ASAP even more. I have mine waiting at the post office, been trying to get one for a few months now :)
I have a rack full of nice tube preamps and when I found your mentioned thread on TGP and saw what Casey built I was like "this could be THE solution" for a problem I was trying to solve for a long time - compact and awesome tube power amp sound without the need to run a 100w head into a Loadbox. And the tweakability! I'll report if I tried it and maybe will do clips or a review on my YT channel. Let's see how I like it.

Do you still have the Arthur Sound preamps?

Back