ProAudioStar..any good?

LP Freak

Anyone ever dealt with these guys? They seem to have some decent prices on things but I also see a lot of shady reviews. Any victims here?

No problems here. Picked up a Jackson Adrian Smith a few weeks ago they listed as used. Apparently they do that so they aren't restrained by MAP. Got a clearly brand new guitar for a very fair price.

I've purchased a number of things through them. For guitars I'd send them a message asking what price they can give you. I don't think I'e ever paid the price posted on the website.

I ordered a few times and even returned a DSL 20 that sounded like hot garbage and they took it back no problem. I wouldn't hesitate to use again

I ordered a bunch of times from them with no issue.
They do have a limited return policy- 15 days? I think some people get upset when they try to return after that period or sometimes order something but then it is out of stock/backordered

I bought a used EV powered monitor from them a few years ago at a good price. It didn’t ship after a few days…I got that uneasy feeling (like when eating expired deli meats)…so emailed them. Demanded a tracking number or refund me….they sent me tracking within that hour. And In two days i had a brand new EV monitor.

Not sure what they may have done…didn’t matter. They made it right by me.

I’d buy from them again.

I've bought a few items at killer prices, quick shipping..

BUT, they're famous for bait and switch, from what I've read as well. Post something stupid cheap, (used or blowout), but don't have it and try to get you to buy new. I've been lucky, but I've used extreme caution. Then people have played hell getting their money back.

I got a Jackson DK2 Pro Series DK2 for $499 new, and a Randall RD45H for $399 brand new. Both were legit, shipped quick, and factory-sealed. It's a crapshoot, but those 2 deals were ridiculous.

I've bought a few items at killer prices, quick shipping..

BUT, they're famous for bait and switch, from what I've read as well. Post something stupid cheap, (used or blowout), but don't have it and try to get you to buy new. I've been lucky, but I've used extreme caution. Then people have played hell getting their money back.

I got a Jackson DK2 Pro Series DK2 for $499 new, and a Randall RD45H for $399 brand new. Both were legit, shipped quick, and factory-sealed. It's a crapshoot, but those 2 deals were ridiculous.

I thought that was Prymaxe, who are known for listing something that is on backorder forever.

Bought used (Keeley Fuzz Bender) and returned from them on Reverb once. They sent the wrong item first, swapped it without much hassle, then accepted my return when the fuzz pedal I ordered had some wonky volume issues. They replaced it and new one worked fine.

Then also bought a new SA EQ2 through their site once.

Bought a Charvel San Dimas from them and a few pedals. They sent me a private offer for the guitar on eBay, it expired, then they still matched it anyway. If they had something I wanted I wouldn't hesitate to try the again.

Back