PRS 2023 release day

I could see an SE 594 Singlecut in my future. You get the same shit electronics as the nearly 2k S2, so I could see them shooting themselves in the foot with that one. The S2 594 is NOT a good value, in any way, shape, or form. The tuners suck, the pickups suck, and are priced at $1949? I've had a couple I bought much cheaper, but I could easily go with an SE 594 as a mod platform and save several hundred..

I could see an SE 594 Singlecut in my future. You get the same shit electronics as the nearly 2k S2, so I could see them shooting themselves in the foot with that one. The S2 594 is NOT a good value, in any way, shape, or form. The tuners suck, the pickups suck, and are priced at $1949? I've had a couple I bought much cheaper, but I could easily go with an SE 594 as a mod platform and save several hundred..
I think the S2 was suppose to go after the studio line up and I would just say after owning a studio and even the standard Les Pauls the quality on PRS is far better in my opinion. Granted it's a couple hundred dollars more.

Was hoping for the release of the MT100.

Last edited:
The S2 10th Anniversary has same pickups from the Core, the USA LT pickups and mother of pearl inlays. But it’s also a couple hundred more.

Definitely going to grab a DGT SE. Question will be if I can wait for one to hit the used market. New prices on Core line stuff are so ridiculous now that I'm going to have to learn to love the SE lol

So the 594 se line gets binding on the body and the S2 line does not and cost more and both have mediocre parts. The s2 has better what? It's a maple cap? Not carved right? Vs a veneer cap.on the SE. PRS prices are quite stupid right now. It seems people are paying 5k and above for new. I can't get into it, to many and never paid over 3k for a new one, well.. 3095 in 2019 (I know before Co$id) for a WL quilted 10 top and artist case , Korina body. Are people.still flooding the stores to pay 5k for new guitars? The SE line is worth checking out considering they are around 900, if not. Nope!

Last edited:
So the 594 se line gets binding on the body and the S2 line does not and cost more and both have mediocre parts. The s2 has better what? It's a maple cap? Not carved right? Vs a veneer cap.on the SE. PRS prices are quite stupid right now. It seems people are paying 5k and above for new. I can't get into it, to many and never paid over 3k for a new one, well.. 3095 in 2019 (I know before Co$id) for a WL quilted 10 top and artist case , Korina body. Are people.still flooding the stores to pay 5k for new guitars? The SE line is worth checking out considering they are around 900, if not. Nope!
Don't quote me on this, but I believe the S2 line has better quality wood and overall better construction quality than SE, but with the same cheap hardware and electronics. I would think the S2 aesthetics are stripped down so they don't potentially overpower the Core line for sales. I like the looks of my SE245 over my S2 Singlecut, but the S2 plays and feels a fair amount better, even after upgrading parts on the SE.

Yes, the S2's are all USA made, normally with import electronics. The new anniversary S2's are using Core USA electronics, which PRS charges out the ass for.

I'm somewhat excited about the DW CE24 hardtail, but I already have the Floyd version so I'm not jumping up and down with GAS or anything. The SE 594's may be interesting, but at $1000 and you have to gut them, I just don't know - guess it would be similar to a LTD EC-1000 after you buy pu's, pots and switches. But then you may need a nut and bridge, too. Bleh.

Man, this is going to be a difficult year for me. Everytime I see 2023 my head turns it into 2203 and I think of Marshalls. And next year won`t get any better.
Well if you get the 2203 this year, you might not need/want a 2204 next year. And if you get it early this year you get to play it all year, making it a good year. Win…win.

Had YouTube going in the background when I kept getting new PRS gear videos coming on. Guess it’s PRS reveal day. The DW CE hard tail looks pretty cool, especially for non-Floyd fans like me.

https://prsguitars.com/blog/post/meet_the_2023_new_products
https://prsguitars.com/electrics/model/dw_ce_24_hardtail_limited_edition_2023 shows this sexy beast:

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJwcnNpbWFnZXMiLCJrZXkiOiJndWl0YXItaW1hZ2VzL2R3LWNlLTI0LWhhcmR0YWlsLWxpbWl0ZWQtMjAyMy1ibGFjay10b3AuanBnIiwiZWRpdHMiOnsianBlZyI6eyJxdWFsaXR5Ijo4MiwicHJvZ3Jlc3NpdmUiOnRydWUsInRyZWxsaXNRdWFudGlzYXRpb24iOnRydWUsIm92ZXJzaG9vdERlcmluZ2luZyI6dHJ1ZSwib3B0aW1pemVTY2FucyI6dHJ1ZX0sInJlc2l6ZSI6eyJ3aWR0aCI6MTkyMCwiaGVpZ2h0Ijo2NjMsImZpdCI6ImNvdmVyIn0sInNoYXJwZW4iOnRydWV9fQ==

Yummy! I need another PRS like a shotgun blast to the face, but black satin and a maple fretboard is hnnnnnnggggg to me.

Well if you get the 2203 this year, you might not need/want a 2204 next year. And if you get it early this year you get to play it all year, making it a good year. Win…win.
Maybe thats the cure!
It`s the already the second time this year clicking on a RT thread expecting some 2203 content and being confused that`s it`s not about a 100w Marshall :doh:

PRS upped their game big time like 5 orb6 years ago. I have a 594 and it’s a GREAT guitar. I had a 408 a while back and it to, was a great guitar.

Back