PT100 settings

just42dave":3tupuzqk said:
I dont get it I feel like Im constantly fighting mine..
Did you change tubes???etc
Mine has a ars jj and the rest ars chinese in it and I really feel like this amp should do more..real boring and sterile..
what speakers and cabs are you using? I would recommend a straight cab with G12M of solid construction. Not sure about the comments since it is a first. Send me an email and we will see how we can make sure you are getting it's potential.

I just played a PT100. The second one to arrive in japan a couple days ago. I was blown away with it. I will dump my Herbert to help fund one in a heartbeat. How much do they go for in the states? The huge draw back here was the price. Ikebe was asking around 630,000 yen for it. Well over 6 grand. That's a bit steep for me right now. But one he'll of an amp.

I received my PT100 yesterday and was blown away (even at lower, non-earth shaking volumes) however at 100w this is loud with channel volume at 9:00. Clean channel is downright magical. I set the Bass - 11:00, Mid - 11:30, Treb - 1:00, Gain 9:30 - simply fantastic. Channel 2/3 I set to Bass - 12:00, Mid - 11:30 - 2:00, Treb - 1:00 - Gain for Ch2 - 10:00, Ch3 Gain - 2:30. I fiddled with the Presence and Feedback in various positions, no bad sound could be heard wherever I set them. For more vintage tones, Feedback was around 9:00, more tight gain around 3:00. Presence was set all over the place, off, 9:00, 12:00 all sounded great. I have Whomp in middle.

This amp is stellar, solidly build, and very reactive with each guitar I plugged into it. Was playing through my Bogner 2x12 Oversize cab with Celestion Vintage 30's. Would love to try a nice 4x12 with Greenbacks too :LOL: :LOL:

I have not played mine beyond bedroom level for sometime, but last weekend was band practice and I got to open it up.
I just love this amp. I can play it all day long, clean or dirty. I really would like to try it with some greenbacks.

MARK1970":i5fp33hg said:
I have not played mine beyond bedroom level for sometime, but last weekend was band practice and I got to open it up.
I just love this amp. I can play it all day long, clean or dirty. I really would like to try it with some greenbacks.
Yeah the PT is more at home with a G12M type speaker
Dam who owns that butt?

Suhr":2yvo0tnc said:
MARK1970":2yvo0tnc said:
Dam who owns that butt?
I am thinking of trying some Lynchbacks. I currently have a 2x12 and 2 G12M would die.

Oh yes, the butt, I do not know who the owner is. I do hope they have alot of time for it. "Peanut Butter, Cold Honey, how many licks would it take to get.......... ."

MARK1970":1oupqq0v said:
Suhr":1oupqq0v said:
MARK1970":1oupqq0v said:
Dam who owns that butt?
I am thinking of trying some Lynchbacks. I currently have a 2x12 and 2 G12M would die.

Oh yes, the butt, I do not know who the owner is. I do hope they have alot of time for it. "Peanut Butter, Cold Honey, how many licks would it take to get.......... ."
Lynch backs sound killer
I loved them

MARK1970":1gm4t2iq said:
I also heard it gets a tighter lowerend.
Your avatar or the amp? :LOL: :LOL:

It's been "Honeymoon phase" every time I plug into mine.
Gels with every 4x12 I have.
Scumback 4x12 M76 65 watters
Marshall HW 4X12 h76 65 watters
And a older(not vintage) Marshall 4x12 BX (greenbacks)

Just cant get over the clean channel on this amp.
Had quite a few channel switchers and none have the chime,mids or bottom end this has on the clean channel.
And,like Pete,I keep the Feedback lower,but depending on the mood,it does sound nice a little over half way too.

John4021":18b3y7oz said:
MARK1970":18b3y7oz said:
I also heard it gets a tighter lowerend.
Your avatar or the amp? :LOL: :LOL:

It's been "Honeymoon phase" every time I plug into mine.
Gels with every 4x12 I have.
Scumback 4x12 M76 65 watters
Marshall HW 4X12 h76 65 watters
And a older(not vintage) Marshall 4x12 BX (greenbacks)

Just cant get over the clean channel on this amp.
Had quite a few channel switchers and none have the chime,mids or bottom end this has on the clean channel.
And,like Pete,I keep the Feedback lower,but depending on the mood,it does sound nice a little over half way too.

Once I hit submit, I realized I should have clarified which one. :D

Back