Quick video of my Hermansson modded Marshall JMP 1959HW

oh shit ! that sounds fucking pissed off and gnarly af
congrats on having a barking snarling animal like that in your arsenal
NEVER SELL THAT SWEDISH MEATBALL! :ROFLMAO: it's a keeper for life man

Man that sounds fucking huge. Killer!
Thanks Webb!

man thats got everything!! tight, quick response, percussive but still seems to retain the Marshall character, killer!
Yeah man, love that Marshall character. And it's so tweakable. I have the tightness set somewhere in the middle of its range, yet it can go a lot further in either direction. It's really crazy how tight and punchy it can get. Cheers D!

Ya he definitely will do a clip he said. Still unsure how long . He thinks it cool we posted the builds. He’s so down to earth
Haha awesome. Yes he is indeed one cool Swede.

Sounds glorious man!!
Dev! :D
Cheers mate.

Really, really killer high gain tone. Sounds super greasy and fun to play - but lots of string separation and articulation going on there. That amp is a keeper for sure.
Thanks PDC. Yes it's mind boggling that it can be so clear, tight and percussive. Yet maintains a sticky, elastic and liquid feel all at the same time. Very unique amp. Never experienced anything else like it.

Duuude. That shit's tight. Nice playing too. (y)
Heya cheers Studio. :thumbsup:

oh shit ! that sounds fucking pissed off and gnarly af
congrats on having a barking snarling animal like that in your arsenal
NEVER SELL THAT SWEDISH MEATBALL! :ROFLMAO: it's a keeper for life man
HAHA this comment made my day. Cheers Voltage.
And now I'm off to enjoy my Swedish Meatball!

Reactions: PDC
Thanks man.

That tightness switch is intriguing, does it get significantly tighter in upwards position compared to normal?
Ok so I had a good play with the Tightness Range Switch in conjunction with turning the Tightness Control Knob, and it seems I had it back the front:

UP - enables the tightest settings and has the most neutered mid-bloom/harmonic content. It's almost like having a Noise Gate switched on, but not quite. Very hard to describe. Low end can get razor tight.

MIDDLE - medium tightness, medium bloom/harmonic content.

DOWN - least tight and allows the most bloom/harmonic content. And has more thickness to the low-end character.

At first playthrough I honestly didn't notice the neutering of the mid bloom between the 3 settings. But after a while of listening while flipping the switch between the 3 settings in conjunction with the Tightness Control Knob at full counter-clockwise and full clockwise, the difference is certainly there. The amp sounds great on all 3 settings, just depends what tone you are going for. Each setting affects the amp's aggression character in a slightly different manner.

Ok so I had a good play with the Tightness Range Switch in conjunction with turning the Tightness Control Knob, and it seems I had it back the front:

UP - enables the tightest settings and has the most neutered mid-bloom/harmonic content. It's almost like having a Noise Gate switched on, but not quite. Very hard to describe. Low end can get razor tight.

DOWN - least tight and allows the most bloom/harmonic content. And has more thickness to the low-end character.

At first playthrough I honestly didn't notice the neutering of the mid bloom between the 3 settings. But after a while of listening while flipping the switch between the 3 settings in conjunction with the Tightness Control Knob at full counter-clockwise and full clockwise, the difference is certainly there. The amp sounds great on all 3 settings, just depends what tone you are going for. Each setting affects the amp's aggression character in a slightly different manner.
Thanks man! I am interested to see if these could be achieved with an Eq pedal (maybe not the down position). I do run an EQ in front of mine for further tweaking. A little trick if you have one, slightly scoop the 500hz on an EQ in front of the input, run the mid-boost in low mid-position, and you get the growl and the extra gain from the boost but none of the flub.

Holy crap!
That thing sounds amazing! Congrats on landing one, he's really got that dialed to perfection.
I've been salivating over his builds for years, but I'm gonna have to send him one soon...
Yours is the new 5 stage circuit? If not, does the mod have a name assigned to it?
I have a early DSL that Ive kept for a mod platform, was thinking of getting him to totally gut the thing and use the chassis, but build a whole new turret board to do the mod on.
I can count the number of times Ive been jealous in here on one hand, but this is definitely one of those times, that amp is killer. And Ive got some really amazing modded Marshalls but Henric has really raised the bar :cheers:

Last edited:

Really enjoyed listening to your playing! 👏🏻

Try the tightness switch in down position and set the tightness control to max, gain about 5/10. Then you should get growling and thick distortion which is elastic (for soloing) but enough tight.
/Henric

I can count the number of times Ive been jealous in here on one hand, but this is definitely one of those times, that amp is killer. And Ive got some really amazing modded Marshalls but Henric has really raised the bar :cheers:
I can honestly say this is one of the first times I've been jealous here. Yeah I've heard alot of great amps and tone on here but this, this is gas inducing to me.

Last edited:
Congrats man!! This thing sounds so fucking good!!!
You'll freak out when you get the amp and realize that, in person, Henric amps do sound even better than in his videos!
Thanks man ! Excited beyond belief. Ear candy fr !

Thanks man! I am interested to see if these could be achieved with an Eq pedal (maybe not the down position). I do run an EQ in front of mine for further tweaking. A little trick if you have one, slightly scoop the 500hz on an EQ in front of the input, run the mid-boost in low mid-position, and you get the growl and the extra gain from the boost but none of the flub.
Man I just got rid of a few boosts/EQ's from my board thanks to this amp. Between all the tone-sculpting options on both the Clean and Crunch channels, I have no need for them any more. :D

Holy crap!
That thing sounds amazing! Congrats on landing one, he's really got that dialed to perfection.
I've been salivating over his builds for years, but I'm gonna have to send him one soon...
Yours is the new 5 stage circuit? If not, does the mod have a name assigned to it?
I have a early DSL that Ive kept for a mod platform, was thinking of getting him to totally gut the thing and use the chassis, but build a whole new turret board to do the mod on.
Oh man do it! :)
Yes mate it's a 5-stage with a dedicated clean channel. The clean channel's controls are on the back of the amp, and it utilizes 3 of the 5 gain stages.
Cheers JT.

Attachments

• Settings Rear.jpg
    Settings Rear.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 32
Really enjoyed listening to your playing! 👏🏻

Try the tightness switch in down position and set the tightness control to max, gain about 5/10. Then you should get growling and thick distortion which is elastic (for soloing) but enough tight.
/Henric
Heya it's the man himself! Many thanks Henric.
Yeah since discovering the extra warmth and harmonic content in the low position, that's where I set the switch for my standard tuned guitars. For anything detuned, I flip the switch to the up position. So awesome. Love your work! :thumbsup:

His shit is amazing! Whatever tuning you use!
So I've discovered. The versatility of this amp is crazy!

I can honestly say this is one of the first times I've been jealous here. Yeah I've heard alot of great amps and tone on here but this, this is gas inducing to me.
:rock:

Yeah Sounds Killer :yes:

Digging you song and your style.

Zoom Q2n4K is so easy - love mine.
Hey thanks mate! Yes it's very easy to get a good recording with the Zoom.

That sounds epic! That Zoom Q2n4k does great job!
Thanks UMG. Yeah it gives a very good in the room sound.

Back