Rant - Rick Beato is a douchecake

First rant here for me ! :rock:

yes i realize the entire planet is on this guy's dick...hard
sure he knows theory
BUT
he is a pompous arrogant dick and it comes across in almost every video.
watch a few live videos and it's so evident as he interacts with commentators and or dick sucks fanboys that donate
and
his guitar playing while 'correct" has zero vibes and is totally uninspiring or memorable, and he thinks he's great.
No "dumbass" i don't want to watch you meander in G dorian and pontificate to the serfs about how to use the mode.

Compare his playing ANY real artist like paul gilbet, chris poland, kossof,.beck, aldrich, holdsworth etc ________ fill in the blank fave of yours and it's clear he blows chunks, has a shit tone, crap phrasing etc.

there are HUGE gaps in his musical knowledge
he is clueless about anything electronic from the 1940s - to present day it's all just "EDM' to him
he has no knowledge of funk/soul/bossa/reggae/ international music
his djent lesson is a bad joke
his entire foundation is classical guitar and FM rock and it's fucking lame
i don't need a another privileged "white bro "telling me how great steely dan is.
yes i realize no one is forcing me to watch him
but it's repugnant
YMMV
thanks!

Two Things:
1. The "privileged white bro" thing is pathetic, retarded, and deserving of reproach. It's like you did this to impose uneducated political views and flaunt your political affiliation.
2. Talking such virulent, slanderous crap about someone you never actually met is nothing short of mentally deranged

Yet calling someone you never met 'mentally deranged' is fine though in your book? :unsure:
That's an error in reading comprehension on your part. I never called anyone mentally deranged. I began the sentence with "Talking such....", as in [THE ACT OF DOING SO], is mentally deranged.

That's an error in reading comprehension on your part. I never called anyone mentally deranged. I began the sentence with "Talking such....", as in [THE ACT OF DOING SO], is mentally deranged.
Not taking sides just pointing out that in #1, you called him retarded and #2 followed #1 so that's how it read.

But yeah, we all know that uncontrolled_voltage is mental AF :LOL:

Not taking sides just pointing out that in #1, you called him retarded and #2 followed #1 so that's how it read.

But yeah, we all know that uncontrolled_voltage is mental AF :LOL:
Dude, you're just not getting basic sentence subject/object agreement. Again, I did not "call" anyone anything. Go figure out what the sentence subject is, then find it's object, then try your best to understand what the adjectives are describing.

Sentence 1 - "thing" is the object, and the adjectives are attributive to it.
Sentence 2 - "Talking" is called a Gerund which is a verb acting as a subject/object, therefore, the adjective phrase "mentally deranged" points to it.

If someone said, "Mr.X is a retard," or "[You/He/She] is an imbecile," then those would be examples of calling someone something. If you say that what someone does is stupid, that does not mean THEY THEMSELVES are stupid, but their actions.

Therefore, go learn basic grammar because IT'S just stupid to say something that's grammatically not true.

If you say that what someone does is stupid, that does not mean THEY THEMSELVES are stupid, but their actions.
Ah. I see. For some retarded reason I thought I was on a gear forum as opposed to a grammar forum.

So basically what you are saying is that you can use grammar and sentence structure to project your passive aggressive feelings toward others? Because as long as you don't directly identify someone as being retarded, then it is OK to "act" retarded but not actually be retarded.

Last edited:
Ah. I see. For some retarded reason I thought I was a gear forum as opposed to a grammar forum.

So basically what you are saying is that you can use grammar and sentence structure to project your passive aggressive feelings toward others? Because as long as you don't directly identify someone as being retarded, then it is OK to "act" retarded but not actually be retarded.
No, that's not what I'm saying at all. What I said was exactly what I wrote. The rest of the crap you said is just stuff from your own brain.

Ah. I see. For some retarded reason I thought I was on a gear forum as opposed to a grammar forum.

Eventually language has to matter and it’s context. Considering all the butthurt feelings flying around, proper interpretation of what is said is very important. For instance, to get schooled on what someone actually said and what it means but to still resort to what about ism’s and being defensive, as opposed to a simple oh, Ok is grammatically referred to as being a bitch. 😂

The best thing about Rick Beato is Pat Finnerty's joke where every single time Pat hears anybody in any context talk about music theory in any way, he blurts out "Beato!" and it's always, always funny.

"the entire planet is on this guy's dick...hard"
"he is a pompous arrogant dick"
"he interacts with commentators and or dick sucks fanboys that donate"
"his guitar playing while 'correct" has zero vibes and is totally uninspiring or memorable"
"No 'dumbass' i don't want to watch you meander in G dorian and pontificate"
"it's clear he blows chunks, has a shit tone, crap phrasing etc."
"there are HUGE gaps in his musical knowledge"
"he is clueless about anything electronic from the 1940s - to present day it's all just "EDM' to him."
"he has no knowledge of funk/soul/bossa/reggae/ international music"
"his djent lesson is a bad joke"
"his entire foundation is classical guitar and FM rock and it's fucking lame"
"i don't need a another privileged "white bro telling me how great steely dan is."
"yes i realize no one is forcing me to watch him
but it's repugnant"
Why the hell is this OK? Just look at the vulgar crap this guy spewed, and for what legitimate reason? NONE! He never met the Beato guy, nor did the guy ever do him wrong, so what in the hell is it OK to slander someone behind their back like this? I have zero respect for anyone who supports what he said and did in this thread.
Frankly, I've seen the moderators ban people on this forum for much less so it's quite disappointing that it ever got this far.
There's a boxing gym in every town, so go take care of your business like a man and leave the gossip in the girl's bathroom.
I detest this kind of petty derision, slander, vulgarity, and fetid decorum - especially when the person is not here to defend himself. Indeed, I take offense to this worthless drivel.
There are people on this forum who rip other off and act dishonestly, but a valid case has to be made against them. Yet, it's perfectly OK to engage in this kind of vitriol and defame someone's character for no valid reason except they don't like the guy? Not only that, when the hell did it ever become OK to spew racist remarks?
Nah man, this is an outrage. Someone here mentioned "bitch" behavior in this thread. Well, I'll tell you the real "bitch" behavior comes from those who slander, gossip, and trash talk on the internet but don't have the ballsack to say it to a man's face.

Back