RARE 1988 Marshall 1987S 50 Watt Super Lead (‘72 Specs) MP3 PLAYTHROUGH ADDED! SOLD

Scallywag666

Now considered vintage and super rare, here is a badass Marshall 1987S in amazing condition! Only 300 were built and just 100 1987S heads made it to the USA. This is the first year, 1988!

This is Marshall’s first reissue, recreating the metal front ‘72 Spec 50 watt super lead ampliers, even has the polarity switch for aesthetic purposes! Original Drake transformers, EL34 output tubes and built like a tank. This amp sounds huge, AC/DC to Van Halen just by setting up the controls!

$2295 shipped in USA. PayPal FF or Venmo preferred.

Open to trades, especially SGs and Teles. Could be willing to add some cash too, hit me up with what you have to trade.
IMG_9210.jpeg
IMG_9211.jpeg
IMG_9212.jpeg
IMG_9214.jpeg
IMG_9215.jpeg
IMG_9216.jpeg
IMG_9217.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow, they even used the correct Full size headbox which is absolutely correct for a 1972 Metal Face 50 watter as I own a 1972 50 Watt Metalface.

Very nice and quite a niche Marshall here!
I have a matching cab....thought it was a Pulsonic cab as it looks just like one; but turns out to be from the 1988 reissue line. T75s. But, I already have a 72 50 as well. One of the best T75 cabs I've played though.
GLWTS!

I don't know if they used turret boards in these 88 reissues they definitely got all the exterior attributes correct. GLWS!

Here are some pics of my 1972 50 watt Marshall Superlead.

Attachments

• DSCF3103.JPG
    DSCF3103.JPG
    601.5 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCF3104.JPG
    DSCF3104.JPG
    590.7 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCF3088.JPG
    DSCF3088.JPG
    595.6 KB · Views: 16
Here is a little teaser that I just recorded to in Universal Audio Luna, excuse the sloppy playing. No compression or any Eq tweaks, just raw into my OXBox using a 4x12 with greenbacks (57 and 121 mics) and then a splash of reverb for a little ambience. No pedals. Gibson SG ‘64 with custom buckers. This is all channel 1, no jumping channels. I start with volume on 4, then 6, then 8 and then 10. Eq settings on the amp were :

Presence : 5
Bass : 3
Middle : 5
Treble : 5

Click Dropbox link below to hear..

‘88 Playthrough

Last edited:
Damn that sounds good! I don't recall my 2005 1987x sounding that good....but I was also having trouble having my face melted off playing it loud enough to rock.

Here is a little teaser that I just recorded to in Universal Audio Luna, excuse the sloppy playing. No compression or any Eq tweaks, just raw into my OXBox using a 4x12 with greenbacks (57 and 121 mics) and then a splash of reverb for a little ambience. No pedals. Gibson SG ‘64 with custom buckers. This is all channel 1, no jumping channels. I start with volume on 4, then 6, then 8 and then 10. Eq settings on the amp were :

‘88 Playthrough
You have to try it with the EQ maxed, except for the bass (adjust to taste for tightness). The treble and presence set high will bring even more fire and gain. Still sounds great as you set it.

‘88 Playthrough
Even though Angus doesn't use a shit ton of gain, you got the AC/DC tone big time in that clip

‘88 Playthrough
Sounds great.

Back