Replacing a neck on an S4

gabaghoul

Is it possible to replace a regular 1 piece maple neck on an S4 with a roasted one? I would have gotten a Birdseye maple roasted neck on there but roasted wasn't an option back when I purchased mine.

Just wondering, first if it is possible, and second, how much does that cost? Looking for a museum grade Birdseye roasted with the largest frets possible on an S4.

John.

I've been thinking the same thing lately. I've wanted a roasted maple on my Mahogany Modern since I first saw a roasted neck. Let us know if we need to PM or email Suhr.

If you haven't already, try sending an e-mail to the Suhr shop to get an answer. I honestly don't know if they would do that for a Pro Series guitar.

FWIW, I had a neck replacement done in 2010 on one of my custom Suhr Standards. It wasn't cheap! I went from a maple neck w/ Pau Ferro board, jumbo SS frets, mother of pearl dots & logo to a 1-piece maple neck, with jumbo SS frets, and abalone dots & logo. The price was almost $900 and it took about 4 months. Since you are interesting in a roasted museum grade Birdseye maple neck, I can pretty much guarantee you that the price would be over $1,000 just based on the fact that my non-roasted 1-piece maple neck replacement was close to $900.

The thing you have to keep in mind from Suhr's standpoint is that manufacturing a new neck for a guitar is basically like building a new guitar. It takes time and holds up production of new guitar orders for customers, because the new neck is inserted into the production chain as if it were a new guitar.

Also if you do get a new neck made for you, you don't get to keep the old one. Anderson does the same thing.

Hope that helps. :)

gabaghoul":3jobwhza said:
Is it possible to replace a regular 1 piece maple neck on an S4 with a roasted one? I would have gotten a Birdseye maple roasted neck on there but roasted wasn't an option back when I purchased mine.

Just wondering, first if it is possible, and second, how much does that cost? Looking for a museum grade Birdseye roasted with the largest frets possible on an S4.

John.

You need to send us an email to get a quote on this work. Usually it makes more sense cost wise to sell it and have a new one made.

Suhr":33gzejdf said:
gabaghoul":33gzejdf said:

John.

You need to send us an email to get a quote on this work. Usually it makes more sense cost wise to sell it and have a new one made.

I did actually send an email about a week ago but I have not gotten a response yet which is unusual. May have been user error or the website has been a little flaky recently with all the changes.

Anyway, I love the guitar so I'm not dead set on the move, I was just wondering what it would cost. Not really sure what kind of difference tone-wise it would make. And I know you guys have done great things for me in the past. From my Modern to my Pt100 to my 410 cab and even with my S4. Yeah I gues you could say I'm a fan.:)

Thanks for the help.
John.

Email should all be fixed now but please use ATsuhr.com since eventually that is what it will be
you can send an email to travis for guitars or david for amps ATsuhr.com
Thanks!

gabaghoul":3issdoi5 said:
Suhr":3issdoi5 said:
gabaghoul":3issdoi5 said:

John.

I did actually send an email about a week ago but I have not gotten a response yet which is unusual. May have been user error or the website has been a little flaky recently with all the changes.

Anyway, I love the guitar so I'm not dead set on the move, I was just wondering what it would cost. Not really sure what kind of difference tone-wise it would make. And I know you guys have done great things for me in the past. From my Modern to my Pt100 to my 410 cab and even with my S4. Yeah I gues you could say I'm a fan.:)

Thanks for the help.
John.

Back