Rick Beato says Nuno is "The Guy" now that Ed's gone. Plus his take on the solo in "Rise".

If we are talking swing and Eddie flavor sort of stuff ?
Blues Saraceno does the swing tapping and Eddie flavor stuff far better then Nuno.
The video of Nuno doing the Van Halen tribute was awful and a joke.
I think he is a great player but he is no Eddie and never will be.
Nobody will.

Rick Beato says Nuno is "The Guy" now that Ed's gone. Plus his take on the solo in "Rise".

No body tops Eddie. Nuno is awesome I met him at Namm 2017 He was so cool.Lets see. Nuno with Extreme/Rhianna vs Eddie with Van Halen/ M. Jackson things that make u go HMMMMMM that Cambells soup sure is good but I I,d probable go for a hot dog and a root beer float

I just think it's amazing how well Nuno plays being baked out of his head all the time. Lol! Similar to the way Dime could play completely hammered. I play like shit sober. Even worse under any influence. 😂 I think they both get extra points for that.

I just think it's amazing how well Nuno plays being baked out of his head all the time. Lol! Similar to the way Dime could play completely hammered. I play like shit sober. Even worse under any influence. 😂 I think they both get extra points for that.

Hahah I was laughing at how high he was in the Herman Li interview when all of a sudden he says something along the lines of “My eyes just look like that, for years photographers have been asking me to open up my eyes, I’m not high!” BULLSHIT! :ROFLMAO:

I can play fine high and used to be able to play when I was shitfaced, but once my heavy drinking days were over I certainly lost that ability. If I couldn’t play when I was high, I’d never fuckin’ play.

Nuno LOVES Eddie . I like Nuno much much more than Vai, Satch and all the rest of the shredders out there because he's different . He's quirky and unique like Ed was .

I don't agree with Beato ( as always) as there is a pecking order BUT I do believe Nuno is a very special player and the complete package. The guy has insane rythm chops and lead chops and he can sing. He understands melodies and harmonies. Just an all around threat. I think he's better than Vai overall for example but what Vai really excels at, is this sort of playful rythm that he always brought in the context of the song. Guys like Nuno would have learned from that. Jason Becker certainly did as Little Ain't Enough is full of Vai style rythm playing.

In short, who cares who is the man. I think EVH stopped being the man about 84/85. Nobody needs to be the man. Except Schenker.. he's the man.

If we are talking swing and Eddie flavor sort of stuff ?
Blues Saraceno does the swing tapping and Eddie flavor stuff far better then Nuno.
The video of Nuno doing the Van Halen tribute was awful and a joke.
I think he is a great player but he is no Eddie and never will be.
Nobody will.

Saraceno is one of those guys you don't think about but didn't Dime also love his playing and get a plad patch tatoo on his ankle or something? I looked it up, he did. He's tasty as hell phrasing wise too. Listen below. Sick with unbelievable vibrato. Just sort of fell off the edge of the world I guess.

What Rick is doing has nothing to do with Nuno.

Youtube guys know "the formula" for making videos that have a chance to go viral, and that's to make a video that's somehow related to whatever is hot at the moment, so that's what they do, right along with setting the video thumbnail to be a pic of their dumbass scrunched up face (or dumbass o-face). All that stuff boosts their algorithm rating, so that's what they do.

What Rick cares about is getting his videos pushed to your screens. If Nuno can help him do that, he'll care about Nuno a little bit too.

Saraceno is one of those guys you don't think about but didn't Dime also love his playing and get a plad patch tatoo on his ankle or something? I looked it up, he did. He's tasty as hell phrasing wise too. Listen below. Sick with unbelievable vibrato. Just sort of fell off the edge of the world I guess.

Saraceno has always fucked (and still does); I've always said he has the best vibrato ever

He's making bank off of movie and TV soundtrack songs these days...."Evil Ways" and "Dogs of War" are two of his more recent TV songs that became massively popular

Edit: I just looked them up on Spotify and they each have over 10 million plays. "The River" has over 23 million :oops:

Kiko brings so much to the table, more than Eddie, Ingwie, Nuno and even Vai are capable of.

It's just a matter of what he wants to do really. Guy can do anything on the geetar.
Kiko is gnarly. I watched some vids of his from so long ago in young guitar instructional videos that were nuts. The other guitarist from angra or whatever his Brazilian band is called was also in it and that dude is also a good player. I think his name is also familiar.

Kiko is gnarly. I watched some vids of his from so long ago in young guitar instructional videos that were nuts. The other guitarist from angra or whatever his Brazilian band is called was also in it and that dude is also a good player. I think his name is also familiar.
Angra. They were both great players and did a ton of twin leads. Listen to Angra's temple of shadows if you want your face melted and mind blown. He's a machine though, more in the vein of Paul Gilbert. I think Nuno has a bit more personality and uniqueness in that you hear a few notes and you know it's him but I'm big on Kiko too. Check this out.

Uh, he had some swagger with Roth. Give him credit there. I'm sure Roth was pushing him the whole way though.
Agreed. Big Trouble, Ladies Night in Buffalo, Hina, etc.

Still no Eddie though. Also, I think to fully grasp EVH influence and innovation you have to look through the lens of what things were like in the mid-70's and then 1978 specifically. Comparing catalogs is one thing. Comparing influence and innovation is another.

Back