Risky posting (AxeFX CCV content)

RevDrucifer

I know this is blasphemous around these parts, but it’s less-risky than my drug intake was for a long time so fuck it- :ROFLMAO:

I got in my studio over the weekend started re-working a song I wrote a couple years ago. It’s not my typical metal stuff and is definitely more on the rock side of things and in standard tuning. I ended up using a CCV model for one side of the rhythms (some older Marshall model for the other side) and then used the CCV for the solo as well. No boost, just a wah, delay and reverb. I’ve never played a CCV in real life, but I was pretty stoked with the tone I got out of the model. I tried boosting a Marshall and using a couple Friedman models, but ultimately, I dug the way the CCV cut through more and didn’t have that overloaded input sound/feel to it.

There’s also a Digitech Freqout in the beginning for the feedback at the end of the notes.

The audio is straight out of Logic-

(I generally track solos like Gilmour does, using a few comps and editing them together, so there’s a couple spots where the camera isn’t dead on, but for 85% of the solo, it’s the take that’s captured on video)

Sounded pretty good!! Nice job. I think the amp models in the AxeFx are there to use, I would not feel bad or embarrassed or anything negative about using them. I used the SLO model for years before I finally got a real SLO and I still love the SLO model in the AxeFx as well as the real SLO.

Thanks, gents!

Sounded pretty good!! Nice job. I think the amp models in the AxeFx are there to use, I would not feel bad or embarrassed or anything negative about using them. I used the SLO model for years before I finally got a real SLO and I still love the SLO model in the AxeFx as well as the real SLO.

Oh, I don't feel bad or negative about it, there are just some parts of the internet where you might get a "I hear the 0's and 1's" comment, especially dipping into the Cameron territory. 😂

Back