ROCK WIZARD TUBE AMP by LARRY

donbarzini":2ouml88w said:
danyeo":2ouml88w said:
Just my opinion so who cares. Is anything but a glowing gushing opinion an amp allowed?

Exactly. I went by my buddies house who bought my Mills cabinets. He had his Mesa dialed in with the bass on 10. He gushed over it. First thing I did is turn the bass down almost all the way off, that's the way I like it. I don't like Mesa's but I could play the thing more so than with the bass all the way up. Mr. Mesa probably wouldn't agree with the way I dialed his amp in but maybe he'll show up here and tell me why it didn't sound good with the bass on 10. Wrong cabinet? Wrong Speakers? Wrong House?

Boogies, especially on the modern setting, do NOT sound good with the bass past noon, period. The Recto is one amplifier that is very finicky about that. The tone controls are also interactive on that beast. Apparently, Joey, you know something that a few other people don't :yes:

Shiny_Surface":2c3hea6d said:
novosibir":2c3hea6d said:
Is there anyone around, who can translate me this sentence into another English, so that also I with my wimpy German's English can get the sense? Or is it just due to the missing commas, that I couldn't understand? :confused:

Larry

You need more than straight English translation to interpret Barzini's statements. :LOL: :LOL:

Yep, you need to know gay english to understand them. :LOL: :LOL:

someone deleted my post :thumbsdown:

i originally asked when we could get some soundclips of your new build. and wanted to sell body parts on the black market for it.

i guess someone cant leave a comment without being associated with bullshit drama?

wtf is up with that?! not cool. i would like whoever did it to step forward :thumbsdown:

glpg80":d6jv7t7x said:
someone deleted my post :thumbsdown:

i originally asked when we could get some soundclips of your new build. and wanted to sell body parts on the black market for it.

i guess someone cant leave a comment without being associated with bullshit drama?

wtf is up with that?! not cool. i would like whoever did it to step forward :thumbsdown:
Are you speaking about this post?

viewtopic.php?p=668163#p668163

on the 1-st page of this topic.

Larry

well fuck me then :doh:

i sware im loosing it. i appologize. i didnt think it was that old of a post.

w/e - so...............when can we expect to hear it?

Larry clearly takes pride in his work, builds a nice amp, and puts plenty of personal time into each one. Just 2 each month? That's labor intensive. He can charge whatever he thinks his time and expertise is worth. Wasn't Howard Dumble charging thousands for phone time?

I have a tough time getting a feel for an amp from clips, and would love to hear one live, so I'll just have to wait for one of you rich fuckers who lives near me to buy one. I don't see one just showing up at Apple Music.

Mudder":13foasls said:
Larry clearly takes pride in his work, builds a nice amp, and puts plenty of personal time into each one. Just 2 each month? That's labor intensive. He can charge whatever he thinks his time and expertise is worth. Wasn't Howard Dumble charging thousands for phone time?

I have a tough time getting a feel for an amp from clips, and would love to hear one live, so I'll just have to wait for one of you rich fuckers who lives near me to buy one. I don't see one just showing up at Apple Music.

+1 on your opinion. i greatly respect it and you are nothing but 100% right.

but there are a few things tone wise that can be had from soundclips and recordings. however eleusive they may be, the herbert was the first instance for me that i heard the same exact negatives live (in the tone itself, not the mixing) as i did on recording with more than one model. it depends on how the people are setting it up i guess, but the clips and the live tone didnt lie. the live tone not cutting through at all was a negative variable that you wouldnt know unless you were there - certainly one thing you wouldnt know from a soundclip.

also how the amplifier responds in touch, feel/give , low end resonance, EQ sensativity, etc are variables you wouldnt know unless you could tweak it yourself.

however the tone that comes out will be more of the amplifier, than the player regardless. this is where i see soundclips as beneficial :)

as for the quality that larry builds at, you are 100% right in the fact that the variables he deals with are much more minute' than a simple soundclip. but a soundclip can tell you alot about an amplifiers tone if you allow it. it just depends on how you pick it apart, and how good your speakers are.

i doubt ill ever have enough cash for one, but it would be an amplifier i would HAVE to experience at least once. if it leaves me jaw dropped, i would consider it easily. again i also believe larry is extremely talented and the gut shots show it. theres no way i could build an amplifier the way he does!!!!!

but i could at least try :LOL: :LOL: :)

Totally agree. I still listen to sound clips even though there are so many variables. If you can get comparative clips like from Mr Lugo's amp shootout, you can get a pretty good idea what an amp is all about.

Besides, the very idea that there's a $7500+ amp out there is intriguing. :rock:

I see you have it setting on some rubber feet but this thing is so nice , it could actually remain like that. Like one of those table top high fi tube amps for home stereos. I like it without the box.

jerrydyer":k4bfxeie said:
I see you have it setting on some rubber feet but this thing is so nice , it could actually remain like that. Like one of those table top high fi tube amps for home stereos. I like it without the box.

+1 i was thinking the same exact thing. it looks perfect just as it is - no headbox.

jerrydyer:1ddg2dz5 said:
Nonetheless I think, that it's high time, to finally add some photos of the complete amp :yes:

Here they are:

RockWizard_02.jpg

RockWizard_05.jpg

RockWizard_08.jpg

RockWizard_12.jpg

RockWizard_17.jpg

RockWizard_24.jpg

RW_3634.jpg

Hope you've enjoyed watching the photos :giggle:

Larry

Last edited:
Mudder":25q3gtmi said:
Totally agree. I still listen to sound clips even though there are so many variables. If you can get comparative clips like from Mr Lugo's amp shootout, you can get a pretty good idea what an amp is all about.

Besides, the very idea that there's a $7500+ amp out there is intriguing. :rock:

larry says that the waiting list is slowly climbing to 2 years on the rock wizard

i cant wait until a few of them ship out to customers - im hoping clips are posted and shared with the world :rock:

glpg80":1m6iuwxk said:
Mudder":1m6iuwxk said:

larry says that the waiting list is slowly climbing to 2 years on the rock wizard

i cant wait until a few of them ship out to customers - im hoping clips are posted and shared with the world :rock:

I'll let'cha know ;)

Jay Strange":3sp9n8fo said:
glpg80":3sp9n8fo said:
Mudder":3sp9n8fo said:

I'll let'cha know ;)

wow, most impressive. keep in touch man id love hear some of the wizard. i have been wondering about this amplifier ever since it was mentioned a year ago :rock:

glpg80":6b5fgvv4 said:

My order list not only is charged with Rock Wizard orders and there are still some orders on the list from the time, before the Rock Wizard occured on amp's heaven at all. Also after the introducion of the Rock Wizard, not only orders for this amp went in, but all across my (manageable) amp line - so the Rock Wizard isn't guilty for the now almost two years waiting time.

Jay Strange":6b5fgvv4 said:
I'll let'cha know ;)
Hi Jay! Thanks once again for your patience! :thumbsup:

Larry

novosibir":ja2in724 said:
glpg80":ja2in724 said:

My order list not only is charged with Rock Wizard orders and there are still some orders on the list from the time, before the Rock Wizard occured on amp's heaven at all. Also after the introducion of the Rock Wizard, not only orders for this amp went in, but all across my (manageable) amp line - so the Rock Wizard isn't guilty for the now almost two years waiting time.

Jay Strange":ja2in724 said:
I'll let'cha know ;)
Hi Jay! Thanks once again for your patience! :thumbsup:

Larry

Right on Larry! How about some rear pics?? :rock:

Back