Rocktron Introduces The ValveSonic Plexi

SpiderWars":hts60m9w said:
Anybody else get one of these? The lack of reviews isn't promising. I should have one when I get home today. Will post a review soon.

My initial thoughts running into the Fx return on an EL34 amp head is that it is pretty damn good. It didn't take long to find a cool tone and then some little tweaks had it sounding reallyy cool. Of course I need much more time with it to see if it will be permanent.

Just got mine and noticed the mains voltage selector was set to 100v. The other two options are 120v and 220v-240v. The eBay ad said it was "110v with USA plug". I'm sure it will work at either 100v or 120v but you'd think the circuit voltages would be different. First impression (into a Rivera Hammer 120) is 'good but not great' however I just bought a stock '76 JMP 50W head that sounds REALLY good even without any mods...so it's got a high mark sitting right next to it. And I'm unfairly comparing at 2 different volumes.

SpiderWars":1fqo97tz said:
Just got mine and noticed the mains voltage selector was set to 100v. The other two options are 120v and 220v-240v. The eBay ad said it was "110v with USA plug". I'm sure it will work at either 100v or 120v but you'd think the circuit voltages would be different. First impression (into a Rivera Hammer 120) is 'good but not great' however I just bought a stock '76 JMP 50W head that sounds REALLY good even without any mods...so it's got a high mark sitting right next to it. And I'm unfairly comparing at 2 different volumes.

the problem its the poweramp, sell it to me :D

Anyone know the tube layout of these preamps (v1 - v4 etc)?

+ even though they're still technically new on the market, anyone tube
rolling and recommendations yet?

Thanks!

Riffraff's clip of his sounds fucking amazing to me. Kicking myself for not buying one of these now haha

Devin":2o5q31dq said:
Riffraff's clip of his sounds fucking amazing to me. Kicking myself for not buying one of these now haha

If it's that good, someone is sure to copy it. That should be good for 5 page bitch session on RT. :LOL: :LOL:

I enjoyed these for a while, they sounded excellent for the price were extremely variable and the added features were useful particularly the high cut.

My only complaint would be they were not the quietest preamp I ever heard but I use noise gates.

They were pretty superfluous to me though so after some thought I decided to sell them.

I sold them for $500 each ? and bought a macbook air. ?

Back