Safely removing Duncan name from pickup?

vchizzle

Looking for a way to remove Seymour Duncan from the face of the pickup without doing any harm to the pickup itself. I only use one Duncan and would like my pickups to look uniform.

Mr Clean Magic Eraser or some mild abrasive polish will take it off. You could probably even use a bit of toothpaste. :LOL: :LOL:

Code001":ovaktsof said:
Mr Clean Magic Eraser or some mild abrasive polish will take it off. You could probably even use a bit of toothpaste. :LOL: :LOL:

That's a lot better of an idea, I wish I would've thought of it. The only reason I had to use the magic marker is because I tried a 3M pad on it with a little water and it turned part of it grey :LOL: :LOL:

Eagle One Nevr-Dull polish wadding will do it. A little tiny piece worked over the printing, wiping off excess occasionally, will take the logo off. It's a petroleum distillate, so use at your own risk on plastic. The Mr. Clean Magic Eraser sounds like an interesting idea, but I didn't have one to try.

Nevr-Dull. Works wonder on various metal surfaces, rims, and even nasty frets (with fretboard taped up nicely.)

Code001":xxgg8x7z said:
Ok, I really thought this was kind of a joke. But, I did remember hearing something weird(like toothpaste) before so I figured, what the hell, can't really hurt to try.

I'll be damned if that didn't work like a charm. Might wanna be careful how much whitening toothpaste you use, looked like it was almost taking some black along with it. Looks just fine. :LOL: :LOL:

I buy and sell foreclosed houses and fix them up and sell them... reason I'm mentioning this is I will NOT go to a new house without a fresh pack of the Magic Erasers.... they absolutely fascinate me... I've used some of the most harsh and abrasive cleaning chemicals on some old bathtubs that didn't do much, and I can go pick up one of those things, run some water over it, and clean damn near anything in the house... I really don't understand how they work...

Not sure if it was the toothpaste or the magic eraser(or combo of both)...those are 2 things we had in the house. I didn't have any of the other items listed. I have another duncan jazz neck(my favorite neck pickups) that I'll maybe try those things individually on to see if one or the other is the magic item. Have to wait a week or so til I bring that guitar home.

I tried toothpaste on a JB, it didn't work. It looked like it was starting to take some of the silver off, but it was extremely slow going. The upside: It's minty fresh, now.

jet66":zwr4uxld said:
I tried toothpaste on a JB, it didn't work. It looked like it was starting to take some of the silver off, but it was extremely slow going. The upside: It's minty fresh, now.

lol

jet66":ibaqlgsm said:

I lol'd

Well I guess we can say th magic eraser is key then. It took me all of about a minute. I wet a tiny corner of the magic eraser, squeezed out excess water, dabbed a tiny bit of toothpaste and rubbed away. Maybe I'll do a YouTube vid on the next one:D

vchizzle":37shgcrp said:
Well I guess we can say th magic eraser is key then. It took me all of about a minute. I wet a tiny corner of the magic eraser, squeezed out excess water, dabbed a tiny bit of toothpaste and rubbed away. Maybe I'll do a YouTube vid on the next one:D
What kind of toothpast did you use ;)

Back