Safely removing Duncan name from pickup?

droptrd":10ee9lfd said:
vchizzle":10ee9lfd said:
Well I guess we can say th magic eraser is key then. It took me all of about a minute. I wet a tiny corner of the magic eraser, squeezed out excess water, dabbed a tiny bit of toothpaste and rubbed away. Maybe I'll do a YouTube vid on the next one:D
What kind of toothpast did you use ;)
Crest baking soda/peroxide whitening fresh mint...blech :bleh:

I heard SD now sells all their pickups with a logo, you no longer have a choice if you want it or not. Is this true? :confused:

EXPcustom":130rrtzz said:
I heard SD now sells all their pickups with a logo, you no longer have a choice if you want it or not. Is this true? :confused:

No. Certain models like the 59 still do not have a logo.

When I wanted to get rid of a logo, I usually wet-sanded it off with 0000 sandpaper, then shined it back up with a very mild cleaner-wax. Worked like a charm.

I thought I have heard about people using lighter fluid or finger nail polish. I am not sure though.

BTW, I thought I read somewhere that said those Mr Clean magic erasers were a diluted form of paint thinner. I do agree those things rock for cleaning!

donbarzini":1brh5zm4 said:
Brasso works as well.
That's what I've used and it works great.

About Nevr-Dull...don't use it on your gold hardware unless you prefer the look of chrome...I found out the hard way :doh:

Back