School me on Marshall Mods

JerryP":1sln201m said:
MOAAH":1sln201m said:
Wow Jerry, no wonder why you're one of the three men I admire amp wise the most.
Nice to see you posting here, hope things have been good to you over the years.
Rock on,
Rob

Thanks Rob!
Hey no prob, you were always the first to share and the last one to take sides back in the day.
Nice to see some things have not changed.
Really and truly a stand up guy in a sit down world.

LukeCurd":1z3x49za said:
Don't be a dick, there is another thread where someone was asking about mod's and gain stages.
ericsabbath has lots of great info here that I thought others could use.

LukeCurd":1z3x49za said:
I figured I would share my last info with you guys before I leave.

Mod5 uses cascaded 2204 style preamp with one or two cap variances to control fizz and adds PPIMV. It then lowers some of the filtering. I think that pretty much covers it so Steve doesn't have to.

I gotta throw in Voodoo amps. I know that Trace does a mighty fine job of getting your Marshall on the highway to Toneville. He has helped me out big time.

Have you ever heard of the mods by a guy named Billy Blades? I heard these mods should be the best out there!

nitro":3hnt3vln said:
The Mod 5 is 2203 spec with lowered filtering and a Lar/Mar PPIMV. So a normal 2203 spec master AND a PPIMV. The most widely known Jose mod has a different placement of the normal Master (pre-tone stack) with a clipping circuit (zeners or other diodes used), no PPIMV and a lot of other differences including channel bridging and insert loop. The Jose schem is out there and the complete Mod 5 spec is available in the EVH sub-forum of the Metroamp forum in a stickied thread.

I believe I've given you this info before in other threads...

Steve

Back