School me on Marshall Mods

ericsabbath":l5pga312 said:
someone posted a rough CCV preamp circuit schematic on sloclone
didn't have time to analyze it properly, but looks very similar to the friedman brown eye with the sat switch (no big surprise here)

Doubt that!

Pretty sure Cameron was modding amps for John Norum when Friedman was still messing with racks. I will only add that there is a lot of disinformation out there and Mark has contributed a variety of killer circuits compared to the basic 4 stage + CF design Dave has.

I own many amps and generations as some one offs. Pretty certain it would be DF learning from MC or at least that is what my collection and study has proven to me. Follow the evidence.

Much Respect, New Religion ♫

2878537.gif

NewReligion":3nhkhz87 said:
ericsabbath":3nhkhz87 said:
someone posted a rough CCV preamp circuit schematic on sloclone
didn't have time to analyze it properly, but looks very similar to the friedman brown eye with the sat switch (no big surprise here)

Doubt that!

Pretty sure Cameron was modding amps for John Norum when Friedman was still messing with racks. I will only add that there is a lot of disinformation out there and Mark has contributed a variety of killer circuits compared to the basic 4 stage + CF design Dave has.

I own many amps and generations as some one offs. Pretty certain it would be DF learning from MC or at least that is what my collection and study has proven to me. Follow the evidence.

Much Respect, New Religion ♫
I actually suggested this to a forum member not too long ago. Dave does great work and has a great line of amps. That said, it's an interesting coincidence that during the time Dave was involved with Cameron in the last debacle trying to produce Cameron amps that the BE circuit changed for the better. Older BE 100s don't compare to the new ones... By many accounts of guys who have owned both. Who knows? Hell if he did take some of the Cameron circuit for his own amps, why not? They are some of the most killer amps out there. I would.

Racerxrated":3jfzco62 said:
Older BE 100s don't compare to the new ones... By many accounts of guys who have owned both. Who knows?
Did much change from the Marsha to the BE100? My early Marsha sounds better in every meaningful way than either of the BE100s that I've tried.

rupe":206zmcnf said:
Racerxrated":206zmcnf said:
Older BE 100s don't compare to the new ones... By many accounts of guys who have owned both. Who knows?
Did much change from the Marsha to the BE100? My early Marsha sounds better in every meaningful way than either of the BE100s that I've tried.
I don't know..I've only had one of his modded Marshalls, was decent but nothing n comparison to some others I've had. I'm only going off what guys have said, that the latest version BE100 stomps the previous version. By latest I mean in the last 2 years or so. Again, no big deal as every amp builder/modder borrows stuff from everyone else. Its just speculation on my part, no disrespect to Dave.

rupe":12y154k5 said:
Racerxrated":12y154k5 said:
Ive always wanted to know what the early marsha was like.I owned two friedmans- one modded 2203 that Jason Hook bought from me,and still own a new version BE 100...and it rips.

I have a 1st gen (PTP) and 2nd gen BE 100 (PCB). Very little if any noticeable difference on the BE/HBE/SAT channel. Of course the 2nd gen has added Bass and Treble. I take these out more often as they are replaceable. I prefer the Cameron One Off but it goes out on rare occasions and is usually secured in the vault. I believe Mark has contributed to the Hi Gain community both directly and indirectly in manners unknown by most.

I also am of the opinion that Mark gets a bad reputation likely unwarranted but certainly perpetuated by those whom simply put forth a regurgitation of superfluous information...mainly by younger guys playing the game "telephone" (hearsay) and caught up in bad business and the likes of take overs etc...IMO.

I dig the BE 100's for live use, but they are far different animal's than my favorite Cameron modded JCM 800 Snorkler/Aldrich. Clean articulate three dimensional saturation individually tuned for a guitarist as myself. Flat out killer. I added a Metro Zero Loss Loop...other than that I will say little more about the amp other than it IS outside of the box thinking...brilliant indeed.

I appreciate the evolution of the RCA/AT&T/Fender/Marshall circuit and am in no way slandering any individual. But I believe credit should be given where credit is due and Mark has brought you all closer to killer tone than most will ever know or care from what I have read of some disrespectful slandering.

To all keep up the great work, protect your intellectual property, be respectful and know what you are talking about, but most of all...Play with FEELING.

Later, David aka, New Religion ♫

Here is an example of my overhauled modded Marshall I did based on Mark Cameron's genius with a few tricks of my own...It is a combination of many changes. In fact I pulled the PCB and built a PTP.

NewReligion":3d2tjbbh said:
I have a 1st gen (PTP) and 2nd gen BE 100 (PCB). Very little if any noticeable difference on the BE/HBE/SAT channel. Of course the 2nd gen has added Bass and Treble. I take these out more often as they are replaceable. I prefer the Cameron One Off but it goes out on rare occasions and is usually secured in the vault. I believe Mark has contributed to the Hi Gain community both directly and indirectly in manners unknown by most.

I also am of the opinion that Mark gets a bad reputation likely unwarranted but certainly perpetuated by those whom simply put forth a regurgitation of superfluous information...mainly by younger guys playing the game "telephone" (hearsay) and caught up in bad business and the likes of take overs etc...IMO.

I dig the BE 100's for live use, but they are far different animal's than my favorite Cameron modded JCM 800 Snorkler/Aldrich. Clean articulate three dimensional saturation individually tuned for a guitarist as myself. Flat out killer. I added a Metro Zero Loss Loop...other than that I will say little more about the amp other than it IS outside of the box thinking...brilliant indeed.

I appreciate the evolution of the RCA/AT&T/Fender/Marshall circuit and am in no way slandering any individual. But I believe credit should be given where credit is due and Mark has brought you all closer to killer tone than most will ever know or care from what I have read of some disrespectful slandering.

To all keep up the great work, protect your intellectual property, be respectful and know what you are talking about, but most of all...Play with FEELING.

Interesting perspective, but WRONG mark has ripped off many people in his time in the form of no amps received for money put down and no amp ever returned when sent to him for mods or rebuilds. Yes some have been made right but plenty of others have not. It is understandable that guys captivated and not ripped off with great Cameron amps would think this way though. He has a rip off conning history whether or not you want to believe it or just justify it with your own perspective.

NewReligion":rou594wx said:
Here is an example of my overhauled modded Marshall I did based on Mark Cameron's genius with a few tricks of my own...It is a combination of many changes. In fact I pulled the PCB and built a PTP.

I'm digging that tone man, really nice. :rock:

sjk":2eipiolm said:
NewReligion":2eipiolm said:

Interesting perspective, but WRONG mark has ripped off many people in his time in the form of no amps received for money put down and no amp ever returned when sent to him for mods or rebuilds. Yes some have been made right but plenty of others have not. It is understandable that guys captivated and not ripped off with great Cameron amps would think this way though. He has a rip off conning history whether or not you want to believe it or just justify it with your own perspective.

I have read a few perpetuated claims through hearsay. I "know" of only 2 due to a set of "circumstances". But to read the onslaught of attck one would think he was an out right thief. I will not argue but I do indeed see others taking Marks innovative designs and using them for resale...Now that is theft.

Personal question if I may. Has Mr. Cameron wronged you in a business deal? I was promised some trivial things from a certain other well known (American) builder that never came trough even after 3 attempts for resolve. This involves owning 2 of the companies 4k amps.

Splitting hairs? Perhaps, but I will only deal with what I know first hand for a fact not something I read somewhere or was "told" by some one else involved. If so, Sorry for your loss, this is assuming you personally have been victimized.

Respectfully, David ♫

gtrwun":2gw8ej1h said:
NewReligion":2gw8ej1h said:

I'm digging that tone man, really nice. :rock:

Thank you GTRWUN...Much respect. It still needs master EQ'd and Compressed. This is the weakest of the 9 so far. I just wanted to see if it floats. Thanks again.

David ♫ aka Axis, New Religion, Twisted Christian

UDTBUDS":14upt8l7 said:

He sounded the same live in when i saw him.

That was his best tone ever ... and some of the best live tone i have ever heard, very, very analog. :thumbsup:

There's chorus all over those guitars in the second song...damn it sounds good! :rock:

Back