Scumback Moving Sale...June 2021

Scumback Speakers

Well, I had a lot of stuff for sale, and I still do, but now that I've finally booked the movers for May 20th, I don't have time to get it packed to ship to new owners.

When I get to Prescott, AZ I'll probably have a new listing of things that need to go.

Sorry I couldn't keep up on my previous moving sale thread, but everyone decided to buy Scumbacks instead of going on vacation...

Long story short, I've been buried in orders for quite awhile, and I failed at keeping that sale thread updated on the TGP or anywhere else.

I will be closing the shop for good in CA on May 14th, last orders placed will ship out May 17/18th, and then we're out of here.

My email and phone # will stay the same, once I get settled, I'm sure the three 30 gallon tubs of tubes I packed will have to go to new homes, plus all the other various parts, extra speakers, casters, handles, etc, etc I've accumulated over the last 20 years.

So, until I log in again, hope everyone at RT stays safe, and keeps their spirits up during these goofy times.

Jim Seavall

PH 310-833-6632
Email: sales@scumbackspeakers.com
Site: www.scumbackspeakers.com

Well, I had a lot of stuff for sale, and I still do, but now that I've finally booked the movers for May 20th, I don't have time to get it packed to ship to new owners.

When I get to Prescott, AZ I'll probably have a new listing of things that need to go.

Sorry I couldn't keep up on my previous moving sale thread, but everyone decided to buy Scumbacks instead of going on vacation...

Long story short, I've been buried in orders for quite awhile, and I failed at keeping that sale thread updated on the TGP or anywhere else.

I will be closing the shop for good in CA on May 14th, last orders placed will ship out May 17/18th, and then we're out of here.

My email and phone # will stay the same, once I get settled, I'm sure the three 30 gallon tubs of tubes I packed will have to go to new homes, plus all the other various parts, extra speakers, casters, handles, etc, etc I've accumulated over the last 20 years.

So, until I log in again, hope everyone at RT stays safe, and keeps their spirits up during these goofy times.

Jim Seavall

PH 310-833-6632
Email: sales@scumbackspeakers.com
Site: www.scumbackspeakers.com
Getting out of the business for good or just relocating? May need to look into that thread when you're all settled in after the move.

Once you move, I'll be a little over an hour away and can pick up stuff in person. But I understand your having to bring it to AZ defeats the purpose of a moving sale.

maddnotez: The business is still ongoing, I had to wait on a big frame shipment to take with me. So I'm still making speakers, just not in So Cal. Had enough of this state for multiple reasons. We started looking to get out in 2012, just couldn't get it done till now.

Rick Lee, well, it's going take a few weeks to get it all together. I'm not going to have the soundproofed demo room anymore, but I will have a few...cough...cough...cabs setup.

itsgoodnow...once I get settled, which will take 2-3 weeks I'm sure, I'll be a regular at the Peacock Dining Room, and whatever else that's good downtown. There are other MI pros there, Jim Kelley Amps, Bob Gjika Amps to name a couple. It's a great town, I have to say!

Just left myself. 18 years there. Just got to Florida last thursday, so been here 6th day now. Weird transition, but had to be done. I'll be ordering once you are situated. Let us know buddy.

Just left myself. 18 years there. Just got to Florida last thursday, so been here 6th day now. Weird transition, but had to be done. I'll be ordering once you are situated. Let us know buddy.
Whoa!! You left Cali! Wild. Where were you before California? What part of Florida did you land in?

Have a safe move Jim. Tell Bob Gjika hi for me if you ever see him. Steve Niles
I see Bob every time I go to Prescott. Going to meet up with Jim Kelley (amp builder) as soon as I'm settled. Jim knows a guy who builds cab, so I may even be able to offer my cab line again, we'll see if that pans out.

As for CA...well, the weather is great (most of the time), but just about everything else has taken a significant tumble in terms of quality of life. We have the highest gas prices, traffic out the wazoo, property and income taxes are ridiculous. Our property and income tax for AZ is 1/3rd of So Cal, even though I'm moving to a house with four times the lot size, and 600 sf more house with a six car garage setup. What we can buy there for $600k is what would cost $1.5m here, if you could find it.

Been here almost 50 years, but honestly, we've been trying to leave since 2012.

Last edited:
Screw California. Its a shit state, and run by buffoons.
But Oh, so many liberals tell me it's the"model" state. Sure some model, homeless everywhere, taxes through the roof, and more taxes, insane gas prices. My state is only slightly better but if liberals are in charge, bend over and pay up. And yes as predicted with Biden it's getting worse. Keep your nice weather if everything else sucks.

But Oh, so many liberals tell me it's the"model" state. Sure some model, homeless everywhere, taxes through the roof, and more taxes, insane gas prices. My state is only slightly better but if liberals are in charge, bend over and pay up. And yes as predicted with Biden it's getting worse. Keep your nice weather if everything else sucks.
Yeah, I'm in Florida, where it's hot as Haitis half the year, and some buffoonery here too, but sometimes I think California is a planet, rather than a state.

I see Bob every time I go to Prescott. Going to meet up with Jim Kelley (amp builder) as soon as I'm settled. Jim knows a guy who builds cab, so I may even be able to offer my cab line again, we'll see if that pans out.

As for CA...well, the weather is great (most of the time), but just about everything else has taken a significant tumble in terms of quality of life. We have the highest gas prices, traffic out the wazoo, property and income taxes are ridiculous. Our property and income tax for AZ is 1/3rd of So Cal, even though I'm moving to a house with four times the lots size, and 600 sf more with a six car garage setup. What we can buy there for $600k is what would cost $1.5m here, if you could find it.

I can't speak for everyone,--my wife is from Southern California and we split time between Phoenix and Prescott. We both love it in Prescott. Great town, really nice people, great weather (for Arizona). I'm never leaving and they will end up burying me in the back yard. Taxes and trade in value for houses are excellent. Hell. even my property taxes in Prescott are half of what they are in Phoenix. Really nice spot to be.

Thanks for all the good wishes. Today, Friday, May 14th... is the last day to order speakers and have them ship out on Monday. After that all orders will be held until I get the new shop setup in early June in Prescott Arizona. And now, back to packing/shipping.

Jim

As for CA...well, the weather is great (most of the time), but just about everything else has taken a significant tumble in terms of quality of life. We have the highest gas prices, traffic out the wazoo, property and income taxes are ridiculous. Our property and income tax for AZ is 1/3rd of So Cal, even though I'm moving to a house with four times the lot size, and 600 sf more house with a six car garage setup. What we can buy there for $600k is what would cost $1.5m here, if you could find it.

America welcomes you.

Yeah, I'm in Florida, where it's hot as Haitis half the year, and some buffoonery here too, but sometimes I think California is a planet, rather than a state.
If I lived anywhere else and someone offered me a FREE place to live in Florida, I'd say HELL NO.
People seem to think it's cheaper to live here.
NOT.
It's grossly humid 8 months of the year.
90 degree's and humidity on X-mas..👍
Yeah, complain about being liberal.
Did you see the trashing of the US Capital?
That breed of people?
THAT'S!! Florida's finest right there.
They ACTUALLY still believe trump is the president. It's mindblowing.
So if you are all about that mentality or a retired senior citizen that craves disgusting hot weather, car accidents littered all over the roads, crap school systems, insane car and home owners insurance, and shit paying jobs, come on down and come here on vacation & go home on probation.

Back