Scumback Moving Sale...June 2021

Yet as "bad" as FL is people continue to leave Cali and similar states in droves to live there..hmmmm wonder why that is??
Taxes.
There's no free lunch, unless you're buying.
They find out real soon, the state makes up for it in other areas, car insurance, home owners insurance.
It's flat and the brethren smell like trump shit.
Trades do not pay very well either.
I travel a lot and when I do, if the people are from Florida, I always ask if they miss it.
NOT ONE person would move back, probably 60 -100 people I've asked over the decades.
Hmmm..I wonder why that is?

Taxes.
There's no free lunch, unless you're buying.
They find out real soon, the state makes up for it in other areas, car insurance, home owners insurance.
It's flat and the brethren smell like trump shit.
Trades do not pay very well either.
I travel a lot and when I do, if the people are from Florida, I always ask if they miss it.
NOT ONE person would move back, probably 60 -100 people I've asked over the decades.
Hmmm..I wonder why that is?
Its an acquired taste, for sure. Big thing for me is the fishing! But, yes, it's expensive to live here, wages are below average, and there's a lot of stupid people here, most of which are from other states.

People are slow, traffic is bad, and it's overpopulated, without enough roads to hold them! Houses are being build by the thousands, and they're $3-$500,000.

May 24, 2021 real world assessment of the Scumback Speakers shop situation is as follows:

1) Movers mixed business and house stuff together, all of my carefully stacked boxes on pallets got "re-palletized" instead of shrink-wrapped and loaded as they were stacked.
2) There are about 90 boxes of house and business stuff that are so jacked up, they all have to be opened, sorted, and put away properly.
3) The problem with #2 is that they spewed boxes everywhere and they all have to be restacked to make room for where the sorted stuff goes.

My estimate is that it will take 2-3 weeks to put the shop back in business, or be at the point where I can start building and rebuilding/reconing speakers again...in other words, Mid June 2021.

My apologies for the delay, I really thought I had done all that needed to be done beforehand but these idiot low IQ movers can't understand how to read the difference between "SHOP" and "House" on a box.

The VONAGE phone line adapter I had got lost, and it turned out it wasn't compatible with the new 3.6gbps cable modem/router I got last October. I've had to order a new one, so the phone will be out for a good week as well.

The phone # should stay the same, though: 310-833-6632

Email is the same: sales@scumbackspeakers.com
Same website: www.scumbackspeakers.com

Ok, it's 8 am, I've unpacked 2 boxes already, going to get 3-4 more done today...I hope!

Jim

May 24, 2021 real world assessment of the Scumback Speakers shop situation is as follows:

1) Movers mixed business and house stuff together, all of my carefully stacked boxes on pallets got "re-palletized" instead of shrink-wrapped and loaded as they were stacked.
2) There are about 90 boxes of house and business stuff that are so jacked up, they all have to be opened, sorted, and put away properly.
3) The problem with #2 is that they spewed boxes everywhere and they all have to be restacked to make room for where the sorted stuff goes.

My estimate is that it will take 2-3 weeks to put the shop back in business, or be at the point where I can start building and rebuilding/reconing speakers again...in other words, Mid June 2021.

My apologies for the delay, I really thought I had done all that needed to be done beforehand but these idiot low IQ movers can't understand how to read the difference between "SHOP" and "House" on a box.

The VONAGE phone line adapter I had got lost, and it turned out it wasn't compatible with the new 3.6gbps cable modem/router I got last October. I've had to order a new one, so the phone will be out for a good week as well.

The phone # should stay the same, though: 310-833-6632

Email is the same: sales@scumbackspeakers.com
Same website: www.scumbackspeakers.com

Ok, it's 8 am, I've unpacked 2 boxes already, going to get 3-4 more done today...I hope!

Jim
When it rains it pours.

Sorry to hear, let us know when you're settled in.

When it rains, it pours. SparkLight Cable in Prescott had a fiber optic cable cut by accident, and as that was going on the main logic board on my iMac took a dump. Got it into the shop, data and screen are ok, but it's going to get all new guts...in 3-4 days when the parts get here.

That means no shipping labels, limited email access, and basically I am down for the count until it's back from the shop. You can't do labels on an iPad, or MacBook Pro due to "trusted IP address" issues of some sort.

So bear with me while I sort out all of my stuff, and get the shop back up and running. Looking like mid June at this point (2-3 weeks) but I'll do what I can to get it done earlier.

Hope you all have a great Memorial Day weekend!

Jim

Got my iMac back, thank God I bought AppleCare, and had six weeks left on the 3 yr warranty. But I lost a lot of contacts/emails/etc somehow that I knew I had. In any event, back up and running about 80%.

Boxes are still a royal PITA. I found the living room TV remote and power cord yesterday, along with the ROKU streaming device for it. The other three TV's are not that lucky.

I did find all of my tools, speaker building supplies as well, too bad the house stuff has it held captive about 64 boxes back in the garage, and that's not including what's in the house to be put away after a handyman shows up to put in some shelves for my wife.

I should be up and running again the middle of the month, and I might have found a college kid to help with the business, too.

Got my iMac back, thank God I bought AppleCare, and had six weeks left on the 3 yr warranty. But I lost a lot of contacts/emails/etc somehow that I knew I had. In any event, back up and running about 80%.

Boxes are still a royal PITA. I found the living room TV remote and power cord yesterday, along with the ROKU streaming device for it. The other three TV's are not that lucky.

I did find all of my tools, speaker building supplies as well, too bad the house stuff has it held captive about 64 boxes back in the garage, and that's not including what's in the house to be put away after a handyman shows up to put in some shelves for my wife.

I should be up and running again the middle of the month, and I might have found a college kid to help with the business, too.
Honestly that would have been a dream job when I was a kid.

Honestly that would have been a dream job when I was a kid.
My first builder was with me for 4.5 years, and the one who I had up until two weeks ago was with me for 7.5 years. I'm fairly easy to work with and I pay a decent wage to build speakers right. Happy employees just do their jobs better.

My first builder was with me for 4.5 years, and the one who I had up until two weeks ago was with me for 7.5 years. I'm fairly easy to work with and I pay a decent wage to build speakers right. Happy employees just do their jobs better.
Yes they do, and good for you man. It’s amazing how some employers don’t understand that.

Yes they do, and good for you man. It’s amazing how some employers don’t understand that.
Some employers only look at the bottom line, and how much they can cut costs. I only look at the finished results and how effectively I can get that done. Building speakers that are DOA, fall apart, or don't sound right only costs me more in shipping to test, recone, replace or whatever. You may as well to do it right the first time, and not waste your time doing it twice and pissing your customer off, not to mention how much shipping has gone up in the last few months. Easier, and smarter to do it the right way and not cut corners.

June 27 update: Shipped out over 50 speakers in the last 8-10 days. There's 24 more to ship tomorrow, plus the last 12 or so back orders to build, plus two recones. At that point I'll be caught back up and lead times will return to 2-3 days plus shipping (the normal timeframe I shoot for) after an order is placed.

The only thing that might slow that down is "Monsoonal Flow Heatwave - ARGH!" #2 expected to hit this week.

I think I want to replace my V30 with something to mix with my Creamback H75. Which Scumback do I want? I'm playing Splawn and Friedmans.

Would I want an M or H? My Splawn is pretty bright, so something where I have a bit more wiggle room on the EQ, than can handle rock to chuggy metal.

I was thinking BM75, but unsure about the db mismatch.

I think I want to replace my V30 with something to mix with my Creamback H75. Which Scumback do I want? I'm playing Splawn and Friedmans.

Would I want an M or H? My Splawn is pretty bright, so something where I have a bit more wiggle room on the EQ, than can handle rock to chuggy metal.

I was thinking BM75, but unsure about the db mismatch.
M75 65w, but there is a 3db mismatch in efficiency. If it's a vertical 212 or 412, put the M75 on top.

Back