• Speaker B

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Speaker A

Votes: 22 61.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lolzgreg

Hey everyone,

As promised, here is the second shootout in a series of tone tests to enlighten you Rig-Talk fellows :LOL: :LOL:

This one will be unbiased. I'm not telling you which speaker is which, but I will allow you to choose your top three so...

A, B, C, D, E, F, and G are all different speakers. Every single part of the gear chain was absolutely identical aside from the speaker.

The amp used was a Marshall JVM 410H and the microphone was a Shure SM57; this is standard gear everyone has, so I figure it will be a good comparison.

Pick your top three

I will reveal the results in a week :rock:

...and here is the shootout: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/156 ... ootout.zip

I voted A,C and F. Which just coincide to be the most highly voted thus far. Should be interesting to see what they were. I have a feeling we're in for a bit of a shock.

C,D,E,F for me...
I think F is the heritage greenback...
sounds a bit "turned down"...
B might be the g12t75
G I would say K100(pretty similar to B but louder)
D would be a Greenback reissue

Damm nice shootout!!!
Damm crappy PC speakers!!!!

Awesome set up and post man, thanks for taking the time to run this out...

Here's my thoughts:
A: balanced, sat nice in the mix, flat EQ'd
B: missing something in front
C: fizzy but decent, no cut
D: nice, sits well, cuts
E: scooped in a weird way and loose?
F: fizzy and hollow
G: decent

A, D, G were my preferences. For all different reasons.

There are two oddballs in the bunch, but the rest are somewhat normal. People's top two votes are also my top two :) I guess tone ain't that subjective after all :LOL: :LOL:

i liked A best, but maybe cause i heard it first. i also liked G. i would pass on the rest of them.

D,E,F sounded almost the same on my speakers. didn't love any of them, but they were ok.

I liked A, E, G.
I cant wait for the results....and I REALLY need to start experimenting with speakers!

Back