Votes: 20 55.6%
  • Speaker B

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Speaker A

Votes: 22 61.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
listened again with some consumer headphones (ATH-M45's) and my choice is now:

D, E, F which is crazy cause i didn't like those at all with my pc speakers.

listening again with my studio headphones (ATH-M50's) i get a different representation. my choices then change to:

G for most cut through the mix. then E, D for most mainstream sounding.

i can't wait to hear which speaker is which.

AND FOR THE RESULTS:

A. Celestion Chinese V30
B. Sheffield 1200
C. Fane Medusa 150C
D. Celestion Mesa V30
E. Celestion EVH Greenback
F. Celestion Reissue Greenback
G. Celestion K100

Can you also post the amp eq settings? i suppose it was common for all speakers?

I liked better F, G, D and A (to my suprise as a have six of v30 chinese and not so much fan of them in person with my JVM, more a greenback guy)

Amp settings were OD2 Orange: Gain 10 O'clock, Bass 1 O'clock, Middle 10 O'clock, Treble 10:45 O'clock, Level 3 O'clock, Resonance 2:45 O'clock, Presence 4 O'clock, Master 11 O'clock

The Reissue Greenbacks and EVH Greenbacks were in the exact same model Splawn straight cabinet; you are hearing nothing but the different color of the speakers

The Mesa V30 and Chinese V30 were in a Recto Cab side by side

The Sheffield 1200 was in a Peavey 5150 Cabinet.

The K100 was in a Marshall Mode Four Cabinet.

The Fane Mesdusa 150C was in a homemade ported 1x12 that I use for all my single speaker shootouts.

All of the cabinets were straight, because slant cabinets suck :LOL: :LOL:

The JVM IMHO is an all around awesome sounding amp. I have done entire records with it with V30, K100, and Greenback loaded cabinets. That's why I picked the JVM for the test as it really sounds great with any cabinet and speaker.

lolzgreg":340xr3s7 said:
AND FOR THE RESULTS:

A. Celestion Chinese V30
B. Sheffield 1200
C. Fane Medusa 150C
D. Celestion Mesa V30
E. Celestion EVH Greenback
F. Celestion Reissue Greenback
G. Celestion K100

Wow! Check out my guesses from earlier this week. I was going to post it here but didn't for fear that I would be way off. :LOL: :LOL: Guess I should trust my ears from now on. To be fair, I knew most of the speakers you owned from checking out your website as well as which ones the Greenbacks weren't from your response to Danyeo. The Sheffields sounded like shit. :LOL: :LOL: :D

Back