Shiva Anniversary model

kdmay

Does anyone know when the Anniversary Shiva will start production and be available? Any additional details on specs? I am on the cusp of buying a 112 combo and don't want to get buyer's remorse.......

hey

the new shiva is still a few months off as bogner is still making some tweaks. My understanding is the anniversary shiva is going to available in a head only. I like this better than the combo as the Shiva combo weighs a ton. just get the shiva sized 1x12 and it will sound awesome. as far as specs, the lead channel will have more gain with an additional mid shift control. on the back of the amp, there will be a 6 position rotary excursion switch for different power amp feedback circuits. the first production run will be white tolex only. I cant wait to hear it. ill post something when I demo it.

I guess given the way things usually go, Australia probably won't get any stock for at least 6 months. I have tried the Shiva with a Empress Para EQ in the loop, with great results, so the mid cut isn't critical, but the additional gain and the excursion switch sound very interesting. Would the later be similar to the setup on the XTC? Haven't played around with it but perhaps I should to assess the appeal. Additional gain is always certainly welcomed, but I wouldn't have said the Shiva lacked this given what it was designed to do (that said, I did try a boost pedal in the lead channel!). This is frustrating!!

Back