Should a $3000 guitar come with a case?

Should a $3000 guitar come with a case?

• Yes, I feel as though it should.

Votes: 72 97.3%
  • No, that wouldn't matter to me.

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters

japetus

If you purchase a $3000 guitar brand new, do you feel as though it should come with a hardshell case? Are you okay with it coming with just a gig bag? I am not naming brands, or talking shit. Just a simple question.

hell yes it should come with a case

i think anything over a grand should have a case

generally even at a shop in person you are going to negotiate a case thrown in anyway even on a lower end guitarf

I expect a hard shell case to be included with all high end guitars. I feel it's part of the deal. The company should realize It's about protecting that investment the customer is making with them. Things really have changed over the years. I remember back in the day buying guitars from Charvel , Jackson , Kramer and others that were way less expensive than $3000 and they just about always came with hard cases. Those days have spoiled me I guess.

$3k? Hell yes. Even $2k and imo even $1k should have a hard case. The Kramer in my avatar costs like $350 or so in 1987 and it came with a hard case that's still in decent shape.

What brands cost over $2k that don't have a hard case? So we'll all know who the penny pincher mfrs are?

And by "mfrs" I don't necessarily mean "manufacturers".

Mayones gives you a hybrid case. I thought it was kind of crappy when they used to give you a Hiscox hardshell case. When I got the new case with a purchase, it wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be and was actually fairly decent and sturdy with an internal plastic shell. I still prefer the Hiscox case and when I sold a different mayones I kept the hard case I had with that and shipped it in the new hybrid case. lol

Hell, for $3000, it better come with TWO hardshell cases lol But then again, I've never been willing to drop that much on a guitar...I can't justify it.

You would think someone who put enough love into making a $3000 guitar could afford to find and use a nicely priced case to protect it all.

Recently got a Caparison that retails for $3650 or something and they come with those "fancy" gig bags. Those bags are nice and all but hard case is much more reassuring.

Back